No announcement yet.

Replacing Godking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is getting off the offical topic, but cotining the discussion.

Germany and Aztecs are the most agressive civs in this game. The Aztec heartland is away from us, so we aren't as concerned with them, but the German heart land is right on our border.

We must have Musket Men on the boarder cities with Germany to keep the peace with them.

If we agquire Gun Powder right now, we can probably trade it at a profit for Astronmey.

Surplus money should then spent for the following:

Rushing Court Houses in high corupt cities not so corrupt that it wouldn't do any good.

Rushing Market Places.

Upgrading Pike Men to Musket Men along the German boarder.

Upgrading Galleys to Caravels. (And later Galleons)

Rushing Libaries.

Will any civ give a decent price for Music Theory? If so, sell it so we can recover from the mistake of buying it instead of Education prior to the Persian peace deal.
    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
    Templar Science Minister
    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

He means a temporary replacement for the next turnchat, not the elections for next term.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Ah. Then, in that case, I shall, without a doubt, run for City Planner on the Hawk/Imperialist ballot...and I'm sure any Gazette readers will vote for me as well, due to my new column that will start appearing as soon as practicable...
        Empire growing,
        Pleasures flowing,
        Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
          We can't possibly replace GodKing, only succeed him.
          Here, here!
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Don't forget the cost of upgrading from Pikemen to Musketmen is one of the most expensive upgrades (60 Lytons per Pikeman). We currently have 17 Pikemen & 9 Spearmen (80 Lytons to upgrade to Musket) for a total upgrade cost of 1740 Lytons. That doesn't include 1 Warrior, 3 Archers & 6 War Chariots that also need to be upgraded. We need to make sure that whatever deal that we get should take this into account.

E_T
            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
            Worship the Comic here!
            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I totaly agree with what E_T stated, we need this Republic GA, and we need it in the near future, IIRC Togas wrote (i don't remember the thread) that besides some espionage mission in a cost of 66g, we have no other expenses, and no plans for tech acquisition. So this plan could be put to work, including a switch to Republic, in the next turn 490AD or the one after.
              Save the rainforests!
              Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Zeit,

As you will be doing GK's job for the next turn and we'll be going to Republic soon, I wanted to point out something. BFM is about to go into Cival Unrest, so you might want to rush the Temple there. Boom Town & Another Glorious City will also go into unrest (in Republic) unless temples are rushed there, too. AGC is currently building a Barracks, so you might want to shift it to Temple and then back to Barracks (or Harbor) after the Temple.

Remember that if you rush any buildings, not to do it right before we change to Republic (and have a breif period of anarchy. I don't know what the timing is going to be, but there is talk about switching to Republic, then declaring war and starting the GA. You need to get with the SMC & MoE about what the timing will be.

E_T
                Worship the Comic here!
                Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Yes, something to keep in mind is that all of the cities on Uber Island will go into revolt once we're in Republic if they are over Pop 1 unless:

1. They have a temple, which only lets them go to pop 3 w/o revolt.
                  2. We have Astronomy and they have a harbor OR are connected by another city on Uber Isle with a harbor.
                  3. They have entertainers in order to prevent revolt.

While most cities in the empire will be revolt-free even under Republic because of our luxuries and the presence of temples in nearly every city, the cities on Uber Isle are w/o temples and w/o connections to our luxuries. You will need to keep a very close eye on them. This is true even if we *don't* go into Republic, largely because most of these cities do not have military units in them, the only benefit in this regard to monarchy...

As for what to do about the problem, probably the best suggestion I've heard is to use Uber Isle as something of a "worker factory" to pump out indigenous Apolytonian workers that can be shipped across to the mainland and go to work on clearing the jungle more quickly. This would solve both our unrest problem on Uber Isle *and* the currently very slow progress of the jungle removal on the mainland. Under monarchy, we can also afford to support over 10 more units - and these could easily be workers. I'm sure the Minister of Public Works would not mind . However, this is just my suggestion based upon an idea I heard from another poster (I don't rightly remember who it was anymore... my apologies).

Comment

when are we gonna do something about our backwardness in technlogy? we must improve infrastructure!
                    :-p

Comment

That's what the upcoming GA and shift to Republic will help us address. We should have a good start on it by the end of the GA.

E_T
                      Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Actually there is a local luxary on Urber Island.
                        As soon as we connect it to the cities, it will slighty bump up the limit.

I sugest the normal queue for Uber Island cities be (not counting the one building a settler):

1. Cheap defender. (Obsolete Warrior?)
                        2. Worker.
                        3. Temple.
                        4. Worker.
                        5. Improvement
                        6. Worker
                        7. Improvement
                        8. Worker

etc until Uber Island is trade connected.

The only way we will improve our science standing is to have a golden age + Republic.
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                          Actually there is a local luxary on Urber Island.
                          As soon as we connect it to the cities, it will slighty bump up the limit.
                          There is??? I noticed an iron resource on a hill tile on the south side of the island and some gold (which is NOT a luxury) on the hill north of AGC, but I don't remember any luxuries... (though I'm not looking at the map and it could just be another sign that I'm going blind ).

I sugest the normal queue for Uber Island cities be (not counting the one building a settler):

1. Cheap defender. (Obsolete Warrior?)
                          2. Worker.
                          3. Temple.
                          4. Worker.
                          5. Improvement
                          6. Worker
                          7. Improvement
                          8. Worker

etc until Uber Island is trade connected.

The only way we will improve our science standing is to have a golden age + Republic.
                          I fully agree on your build order proposed for cities on Uber Isle... we'll need a (relatively) safe way to transport all of those workers over to the mainland (though some will obviously stay to further develop Uber Isle) - we really need to get Astronomy.

Comment

-Even before we get Astronomy, we can have worker sweathouse on the Isle. In the meantime the workers will turn the island from his current primitive state into a fully improved area, to serve as an example and inspiration for the Apolytonian mainland workers!
                            Save the rainforests!
                            Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

HI.

Zeit volunteered to replace me for the next turn chat. History Guy and any others interested I very much urge you to run for next election. CP is one of the most important jobs, and one of the easiest to screw up on. I know from first hand..... anyway, because of its importance I urge any and all people who are interested to run this election. I have learned a lot, and my games have improved significantly because of it.

Per my orders - No units are to be built on uber isle until a barracks is availabe to make it veteran (except in emergency of course). Try to rush any and all temples first, then courthouses. Once temples are on uber isle, keep pop low by building workers (I would like around 10 total). Watch persia for culture flip, purchase temples along our english border is a priority. If the decision is to go to war against the americans, give aggie (our SMC) whatever he needs.

Build for most cities (recomendation only, should be adjusted on a city per city basis):

Temple
                              barracks
                              defenders
                              courthouse
                              library/cathedral/marketplace as most appropriate

Again, thank you Zeit for helping me out this time. If any body is interested in doing the CP, and would like to do a set of orders as a test run, please PM me and I will be more than happy to talk and work with you.
                              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Arnelos, looks like I'm the one going blind.

I mistook the iron on Uber Island on the southern hills for gems.
                                Templar Science Minister

Comment

Working...
                                X