No announcement yet.

Adam Smith Foundation: Preparation for the GA - Courthouses and Marketplaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Smith Foundation: Preparation for the GA - Courthouses and Marketplaces

We have 748 gold. We have 4 WCs which will enter combat either this turn (490 AD) or the next turn (500 AD), depending on Aggie's plans, and it's very very likely that we'll get a golden age. Why not rush courthouses and marketplaces this turn (end of 490 AD) so that we can maximize the benefits of the golden age?
    I've done some surveying and it appears that once the golden age starts, our income will explode to slightly more than 200 gold per turn so our treasury will quickly replenish.
    I'd like to propose this list of purchases. Not all of them can be made, so it'll be up to Godking and Reddawg to decide which purchases to make (if any at all, should they find that this is not necessary).

490 AD
    Courthouse in Gaia, cost: 256 gold.
    Marketplace in BHQ, cost: 384 gold.
    Marketplace in Timeline, cost: 316 gold.
    500 AD
    Marketplace in Apolyton, cost: 372 gold.
    510 AD
    Marketplace in Gaia, cost: 228 gold.

One way to cover some of these expenses is to follow this map trading plan.

Suggestions are always welcome!
    Last edited by Shiber; October 7, 2002, 05:53.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

I do support at the marketplace plan, perhaps 1 upgrade per turn or at least every other turn as to keep a reserve of gold
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

This looks ok to me.
      So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

I fully agree with you, Shiber .

For the SMC Aggie : The GA should be launched this turn. We have 4 WC who can attack Boston immediately, even if the town is not taken. The Aztecs are too close to wait one turn more.

We should switch to Republic before the attack and sign a peace treaty as soon as possible.
        Hosting and playing the Civ4BtS APT
        Ex-Organizador y jugador de Civ4BtS Progressive Games

Comment

Great plan Shiber, and i support the map trading idea as well. I called for construction of marketplaces in key cities for a long time, both for happiness (4 extra happy faces!) and the cashflow. I'm going to replace GK for the next turn phase, so i'm going to make some please for Reddawg for the cash, as a GA is surely coming upon us anytime soon.
          Save the rainforests!
          Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Astrologix: Thanks for the compliment! I'm glad to hear that we see eye to eye on this. However, I disagree with your statement regarding the 4 WCs. We don't know if we can take Washington this turn. Next turn we'll have knights ready to attack with the 4 WCs, and then the WCs can attack until we get a GA and then let the knight do the talking.
            It's no problem to wait one turn since the Aztecs can't take Washington this turn - they only have one Horseman in attack range. In fact, if we do attack with the 4 WCs we might destroy all the American troops in Washington but one, thus allowing the Horseman to march in and take Washington from us.
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Zeit: thanks.
              Oh, and you brought up another interesting topic - more marketplaces means more cities in We Love the King Day. WLTKD reduces corruption (but only corruption, not waste) in the city the same way a courthouse or a police station would. With more marketplaces we'll suffer from less corruption!
              Marketplaces have an ever greater return value than I initially thought...
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Good idea, but ministers should check to see if we need to Gold for aquiring Gunpowder first as that should be a higer priority.

I would give Court Houses and Market Places a very high priority on the increased funds from a Golden Age.

Edit: Replaced Education with Gun Powder which I meant.
                Last edited by joncnunn; October 7, 2002, 14:37.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

This plan looks good to me. We need those buildings to really make this GA worthwhile.

I'm going to hold off from any tech purchases until later in our GA. Aggie is requesting 66g for an emergency Espionage mission, which should be our only expendature in the next chat. We will also do a map sale at some point very soon in the future.

--Togas
                  Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                  Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                  Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                  Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

I'd like to join the Foundation (after all, I am running for City Planner).

The plan looks splendid to me.
                    Empire growing,
                    Pleasures flowing,
                    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

History Guy, use the join thread.
                      UnOrthO, I used your directory to find it!
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                      X