Official Palace Poll Runoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Palace Poll Runoff

This a runoff between the two most popular choices for the Palace/Forbidden Palace locations. The poll will last 5 days.

1) Timeline and Contaginon
    2) Macross City and Geofront
    X) Abstain

Timeline and Contaginon
    60.00%
    Macross City and Geofront
    30.00%
    Abstain
    10.00%

The poll is expired.

In what direction are we plannign to expand? Left or Right?
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I support 1) Timeline and Contaginon because I'm a big "river tile" fan and would like as many of those +1 commerce tiles to be close to palaces.

Comment

I agree with GF, but have additional reasoning for it.

You see, even IF we were to attack France and/or Greece, it's probably not going to happen for quite a while. As such, I strongly think that an FP in Contaginon is our best option for now. The palace, we must keep in mind, IS MOBILE AND CONTINUES TO BE MOBILE EVEN AFTER WE MOVE IT, so if we put it in Timeline for now because that's best and... 50-100 turns or more down the road when we might conceivably own all of France and Greece, we could move it again to Macross (assuming we ever get that far, which definately not certain... the reason why we stick it in Timeline now).

That's my thinking on the matter, anyhow...
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I will vote for Timeline/Cont. if and only if that name(Timeline) is under the possibility of a legal change.
          So , where can I lookup our code of law?
          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

timeline for one seems like the right choice for the palace now, especially since we can move it later. Building in macross seems to me like dangling it off the edge of the world at this point in our development.
            "The dogmas of the quiet past are inadequate to the stormy present. The occasion is piled high with difficulty, and we must rise with the occasion. As our case is new, so we must think anew and act anew. We must disenthrall ourselves, and then we shall save our country." -- Abraham Lincoln

"Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever, in flesh and blood, walked upon this earth." -- Albert Einstein, in regards to Mohandis Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
              I support 1) Timeline and Contaginon because I'm a big "river tile" fan and would like as many of those +1 commerce tiles to be close to palaces.
              Right, I forgot, there are no river tiles in and around Macross City, or are there some? Aren't we blind on one eye here?

Macross city and Geofront is it! Come on, people, think global. Why waste tons of leaders for a dozen palace moves? Build the palace in the right place, use our military to "transform" the territory around it into ours, and use the leaders for an army and more of the attractive medieval and industrial wonders. If I have a choice between Adam Smith's, ToE or Hoover on one side, and the 3rd Palace move on the other, I chose the wonder hands down.

Comment

By doing the math, it looks like the optimial cities would be Marcoss City and "Antioch". These two cities are about 20 tiles apart. That would let it have five tiles of overlap (P effect is 15 tiles, FP is 10). I see thats not an option. I see that NEVER was an option. I think we should reconsider our options before the next turnchat....

*** That Donegeal is just a boob sometimes! ***
                Last edited by Donegeal; October 7, 2002, 11:10.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Donegeal, where did you get this data from?
                  AFAIK the only effect of Palaces and FPs outside of calculating the chance of a cultural flip are when calculating waste and corruption. Palace/FP placement factors in as the 'Distance from the nearest capital' factor (where palaces and FPs act the same) and 'Number of cities closer to the nearest capital' factor. See this thread for info.
                  "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                  And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                  Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                    By doing the math, it looks like the optimial cities would be Marcoss City and "Antioch". These two cities are about 20 tiles apart. That would let it have five tiles of overlap (P effect is 15 tiles, FP is 10). I see thats not an option. I see that NEVER was an option. I think we should reconsider our options before the next turnchat....
                    Overlap is waste. The options in the original poll were the ones suggested over 6 weeks. Where have you been the last 2 months? We cannot reconsider our options every two months because some new member has a different idea. If we did that we would NEVER get to play the game.

Comment

I stand educated. Thank you.
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

No problem. I had no idea corruption works this way either only a few weeks ago.
                        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                          I stand educated. Thank you.
                          I wasn't trying to be mean, its just that this was discussed for a LONG time, and there will always be new suggestions so we have to make a cutoff at some point as I really don't like the idea of having another huge poll for 5 days and then redoing this poll again.

Comment

Am i missing something here

Why is there a runoff poll. We had a poll. there was a winner. IIRC, there was no mention that the last poll was "preliminary" in any way (although i could be mistaken). This is getting into very dangerous territory, IMHO.

Comment

The title of the last poll let us know it was preliminary. It was called:

OFFICIAL Suggestions of the Palace Committee Poll

Comment

Working...
                              X