Office of City Planner: Official Provincial Borders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Office of City Planner: Official Provincial Borders

With permission from MoCP Godking, here is a proposal to formalize our Provinces. There are 3 options:

Yes. This is good and logical/about time this got done

No. I have changes I would make.

Banana/abstain

If you choose option 2 (no), please post why and what your changes would be.

Proposed Provincial borders and why (some "stretches" were made to keep the provinces about the same number of cities)

Siberia (8 Cities, 1 under our control)
    Hole in the Wall
    Brundisium (Roman)
    Novgorod (Russian)
    Sevastopol (Russian)
    Dijon (French)
    Amiens (French)
    Krasnoyarsk (Russian)
    Avignon (French)
    The end of the desert is a good border for the north of this province. The Moutians to the NE is a Natural border along with the Ocean to the E. The hills that dot the S and W is another Natural border. Due to this area being in the North of Abananaba Minor, and the fact that it is narrow, maybe change the name to "The Bottleneck" or something like it.

Ill de Rose (9 Cities, 5 in our control)
    Here It Is
    Macross City
    Jerusalem
    Port Rouge
    Opiadom
    Athens (Greek)
    Sparta (Greek)
    Delphi (Greek)
    Rheims (French)
    The Large Mountian range is a perfect border for the W and S of Ill de Rose. Note That the Map Maker doesn't connect left/right and up/down tiles. This cuts Off Lyons and puts it into what ever we name the Greek Coast. If you look at Athens, there is a mountian the comes out and cuts it off from the northern Greek Cities. There is a two tile gap between this mountian and the start of another range. This "Gap of Ill de Rose" makes for a good border to the N. If you note Herakleia, it is nestled inside a "u" of Mountians and should be part of another province. The Border between Ill de Rose and Pina Colada is the river that runs past Delphi. Since Delphi is on the SW side of the river, its in Ill de Rose. Now follow that river two tiles to the SE then jump a few tiles till you get to the river by Timeline. Follow that river down one then cut over to the SW and end in the Bay of Port Rouge.

Pina Colada (9 Cities, 3 in our Control)
    Chiquita
    Del Monte
    Argos (Greek)
    Chicago (Aztec)
    Boston (Aztec)
    New York
    Washington (Aztec)
    Cologne (German)
    Hannover (German)
    The Mountian Range to the NW, N and NE is the perfect Natural border. I know that Chicago is Isolated be a row of lesser mountians, but the Greater range goes around it plus, What other province would it go to? Pina Colada is dotted with Left over Mountians to the south that have been eroded away over the eons by the encroaching Jungle (I propose that the Great Banana Long ago smited a previous Pina Colada civilization with a great meteor and this place is actually the Pina Colada Creator). I have used the "Gap" proposal again with the two mountians SW and NE of Del Monte (The province capital). "The Old Gap".

Mingapulco (8 Cities, all in our control)
    Timeline
    Termina
    Ghengistown
    Gaia
    Apolyton
    Tassagrad
    Banana HQ
    Chartres
    W and N borders already explained. It looses Loveshack to help out the pathetic province of El Nino. Draw a line down from the Mountians of Seeberg to the Blue Lagoon of Loveshack and the city could go either way.

El Nino (6 Cities, all in our control)
    Seeberg
    Loveshack
    Oak Ridge
    Ubergorsk
    Napoleton
    Geofront
    The Mountian range on the E is the perfect border. This range also covers the N all the way to the Mountians of Seeberg. Using the line that was drawn to form the border of Mingapulco, we get a city (Loveshack) divided. As I was never a big fan of the Berlin Wall, I say either Mingapulco or El Nino. And since El Nino would only have five cities without Loveshack, I propose it goes there.

Persian Annexation (12/13 Cities, 8 in our control)
    Tomstone (going to disband, not counted)
    City on A Hill
    Port Of Malignance
    Willsbury
    Contaginon
    Bacteria
    Muncie
    Susa
    Tarsus
    Antioch
    Arbela
    Oxford (English)
    Hastings (English)
    Coventry (English)(Possibly)
    The Mountian range between El Nino and the Persian Annexation is perfect and it if we follow this range to the coast (through York) then it works as a perfect borber the entire way (York going to the North as the Persian Annexation is big enough already). The only thing I have to say about the Persian Annexation is that it is so big, that we sould divide it into two sub-provinces (the Highlands and Lowlands for now).

Persian Annexation Highlands (5/6 Cities, 4 in our control)
    City On a Hill
    Port Of Malignance
    Willsbury
    Contaginon
    Antioch
    Coventry (English)(Possibly)
    Coventry because by the left/right up/down tile thing I talked about with Ile De Rose could apply here. Contaginon because there is a stretch of hills that come down from the Mountians that go down as far as the city (plus it evens the number of cities up).

Persian Annexation Lowlands (7 Cities, 4 in our control)
    Muncie
    Bacteria
    Susa
    Tarsus
    Oxford (English)
    Hastings (English)
    Arbela
    This is the rest of the Persian Annexation.

Uber Island (Currently 4 cities, all in our control)
    Another Glorious City
    Boom Town
    BFM
    Site E
    Thebes
    If you need me to explain what the borders are for this, Quit Apolytonia and join the Romans as you will do us more good there!

Edited to reflect current save.
    Yes. This is good and logical/about time this got done.
    81.48%
    No. I have changes I would make.
    3.70%
    Banana/Abstain
    14.81%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Donegeal; October 11, 2002, 01:30.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Poll closes in five days.
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

If you vote no, please post why, what changes you would make and arguments that suport your change.

Comment

good work donegeal
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Re: Office of City Planner: Official Provincial Borders

Originally posted by donegeal

Uber Island (Currently 4 cities, all in our control)
          Another Glorious City
          Boom Town
          BFM
          Site E
          Can you explain the borders for this?

Okay man, kidding with you...
          I was livin' on the beach down in The Calamares
          which us Squid-eaters used to call the northern beach of Uber Island. I love the place.

That's also where Another Glorious City is located.
          The town where we founded a local Thinkers Guild last month.
          It's a nice town, but who the hell named it Another Glorious City is ? And now people say AGC.
          It's really depressing times nowadays...

(edit)
          And what's BFM supposed to mean?

Ok, ok... I give you folks up.
          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

*** Bump ***

Only a few more days left to let your feeling be known...

Comment

Thanks for doing this donegeal.

GK
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Poll closes today! Let your thoughts be known!

Comment

I voted Yes, but realize this will be in a perpertual state of defintion. As long as we have an idea of the typical size in cities of a province, it will be an easier process. Especially for the CP and Provincial Administrators.

Plauge --

IIFRC, BFM is for BigFurryMonster.

Comment

You should edit you first post to reflect the changes in 490AD, Chartres seeding to us and building of Thebes on Uber, Antiock and Arbela now ours.

Great work. Even though I would have named Siberia something else (it doesn't look like it would be cold there).

E_T
                    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                    Worship the Comic here!
                    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

I named it Siberia cause it's out in the middle of nowhere, a good location to ship of Regional Administrators you want to forget about.

Comment

Updated for captured and founded. Thanks GF!

Comment

WHOOAAAAAA I missed this entire thread because I was on my fall break... whoa. The MPP must be ecstatic... you all really carved the **** out of Piña Colada! Well there goes it's dominance... the stats are gonna be crazy now, with all these changes.
                          Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                          Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                          Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                          Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Working...
                          X