Turn chat this sunday. Time to be confirmed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn chat this sunday. Time to be confirmed

There will be a chat this sunday. The time of which I do not yet know. But it will probably be in the evening sometime.

The saves as we go along will go in here.
    Last edited by OPD; October 6, 2002, 10:06.
    Are we having fun yet?

Re: Turn chat this sunday. Time to be confirmed

Originally posted by OPD
    There will be a chat this sunday. The time of which I do not yet know. But it will probably be in the evening sometime.

The saves as we go along will go in here.
    Is that Evening, U.K. time? Which would be Mid Afternoon Eastern time, or abouts. I'll try to be there.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

yeah Uk time although it may be earlier I dunno yet.

Meet up in the poly chat first then decide what to do from there.
      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

I do not think I will be able to attend.

I am prepairing updated orders now. Will post soon.
        I will try to be there, but cannot promise as I need to work. Unless it is past 9:00 PM local (21:00 EST or about 1 am UK time) I will probably be out on a construction site (weather permitting).

GK
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I should be able to be there, depending on EXACT time, so if GK, has any special items needing to be taken care of I could watch out for them for you.

Comment

Originally posted by OPD

Meet up in the poly chat first then decide what to do from there.
            Great, I'm just starting to get the hang of mIRC, you go and pull this now.
            I just hope it's straight forward as mIRC. Personally, I don't know what the problem with not finding Undernet that I had seen in the forums last week was all about. I've done chats exactly twice (first time was right after installing mIRC) and the second time was on Undernet, and I found it no problem.

E_T
            Come and see me at WePlayCiv
            Worship the Comic here!
            Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

We'll have the irc open aswell. I'm just saying meet in the poly room to decide on servers.
              Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Well, people... Good luck in the chat today... I'll not be able to be there (RL elections here in Brazil... ), but I'll download the saves to work on the maps, late in the night.
                Again, good luck, guys!
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas
                I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I should be able to attend my first turnchat today. And if I can, I will also do my best to look out for CP issues along with Ghengis as I am a RA. Just remember that I am NOT an elected official so my "orders" are only suggestions
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

I can be there as well...

don't worry donegeal, they do a pretty good job of following the orders on their own w/o needing much help. The primary way I've found to help is by keeping an absent minister's orders in another window so I can pop up that window and give them the orders if someone asks.

Other than that, it's just good to stay out of the way for the most part (it get's really bad when everyone is talking and the President can't tell where the actual orders are coming from)
                    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

So your sayin "Show up and shut up"

If this is what my King desires this is what he will receive!
                      1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                        That's generally what I try to do

There was an idea floating about in the turnchat before last that they should re-establish something of having 2 rooms... one in which everyone talks about everything and another room where the President actually receives orders from the minister (and everyone else shuts up). That way the president doesn't get as frustrated with everyone yelling at him.
                        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Ahem.

Well, there WAS a #civ3demMinisters chatroom as well that was just for the Ministers, but it stopped being used during my term when the turnchats happened at times that didn't suit the members of the public.

We could start using that again....?
                          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I NEED TO KNOW WHAT TIME SO I CAN SET MY ALARM!

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                              In no way should you show up and shut. that would make for a boring chat. feel free to jsay as much as you like just don't always expect an answer to any questions straight away.

The chat will be at 6.30 PM GMT. Or 7.30PM UK time. I figure we'll use three room today. One for orders one for discussion of orders and one for general discussions. See you all in the poly civ3 room at 7.30 PM then.
                              Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X