Republican Movement & Elections

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[rp]
    I am a republican! I will only support nominees who also believe in the revolution, especially members of ARF!

Down with the nobility! Every Apolytonian born male deserves the right to serve his fellow citizens if he so chooses.
    [/rp]

Good job Arnelos!

Comment

Hey why am I on not your list of supporters of the republic?
      Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
      Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
      President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Arnelos,

MrMWIA must be happy : he is recorded under Neutral AND under Commited Monarchists. His next request will be te be entered under Republicans as well. Anyway, this is unconsequential since it is well known that ideologically a Neutral is worst than a Commited.
        Statistical anomaly.
        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I am proud to wear the title "Enemy of the People". I have worked and will continue to work to show that this title is meaningless! Why, would an enemy of the people have helped train one of the Greatest Leaders we have ever raised, develop the military doctrine that is currently aiding us in our exceptional military successes or took us out of the Bad Old Time of Despotism into the enlightened nature of our current Monarchy? I think not.

A Republic may be good, or it may be bad for us. I am, as a good potential official ( ), open to the peoples' needs and desires, but am wary of any change that may cause more problems than it is worth.

This Republican movement must convince of the benefits outweighing the cons before we radically uplift our hierarchy. Who would make the better leaders? Those who push for change at the expense of all else, or those who sit on the fence, in doing so getting a really great view of both sides?

I have yet to see much beyond flag-waving and slogan calling. As a former representative of the Government, it must be said that the Republican movement better watch its back - have you ever heard of the Campaign for More Jungle or the Apolytonian Peoples' Committee for Total Capitulation to Persia? No, and let me tell you why. These organisations, knowing their cause was doomed to an absolute minority of supporters in the psychedelic banana- growing town of Lucy, were "silenced" by the Government for the greater good of Apolytonia. This Republican Front may have some more considerable support amongst the new literates of society, but the Government will have no qualms in treating it exactly the same way were it to be conceived as more of a hindrance than a help.

And that's no threat, remember I am an EX official. That is merely a statement of fact.

Ahhh, glory.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

oops... adding Nimitz
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

[RP]The government might think of changing to a republic on there own. If they don't change some bad things might happen and we wouldn't that. This is not a threat but a warning of might happen or might not.

Long live the Republic of Apolytonia.
              [/RP]
              Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
              Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
              President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Lets see... Meshelic... on September 29, this monarchist posted:

quote:

Originally posted by Meshelic
                Definetely we should hold off on the switching to Republic ... it could be disastrous"

----If you had paid attention to the previous dialogue I was responding to, you would have found that I was suggesting the postponement of Republic until AFTER we had completed our wars with Persia (and possibly America), TO DO SO BEFORE we ended our wars would be DISASTROUS...

"We might add that this is the same so-called "Shadow Service" which has been making public threats toward members of the Republican movement. Need I go on?"

The Shadow Service is sworn to protect our leaders in government, and has NO political agenda . As such, the SS is on neither side of the issue and will continue to uphold it's 'nuetral' status.

/RP

It seems as though the hasty Republicans would wish to see our nation in anarchy! poor fools, they know not what they do. Tell me, do you endorse civil disorder as second to none? Wait for the right time, my fellow Apolytons! Wait for the right time...

/RP
                Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

I suprised that you didn't put me up after I have actively spoken for it. I just need two votes to be ambassador from Fanatika to here. I am also a citizen here as well.
                  Le Républicain Catholique

Comment

now that you finally made the changes, here is my stance on the issue:

republic is a good thing and i want to have one. HOWEVER (put that sword down uber!) i dont think a republic right now or soon is good. we should keep our wonderful KINGdom until we have established ourselves more, and that isnt going to be for a while. that way we can conquer our neighbors then set up a new government
                    Last edited by jdd2007; October 5, 2002, 21:31.

Comment

- I definetely think we should wait for a while (8-10 turns) before we switch to republic, that is, just before the war with america, but also not before we build 'happy buildings' in 2 or 3 problematic cities in which some extra happy faces are neccesary. Right now I don't remember which, but i've made a list with all the happiness effects and a few cities which need a cathedral, or better yet, a marketplace (for 4(!) additional happy faces- after we lay our hands on that persian incense). This feat, IMO, can be accomplished before the imminent annexation of america. (if rushing is permitted).
                      if it's not possible in the near future (about 8 turns) in any case, i suggest we wait for these conditions to be met less the benefits of the Republic will be reduced by civil disorders.
                      Save the rainforests!
                      Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

I could live with republic under 2 conditions
                        1)We make more money and science
                        2)If the people ever grow tired of our "liberation efforts" we will allow suspension of the civilian government in a "new monarchy".
                        Aggie
                        The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

ARENLOS-- "Apparently, UberKruX and History Guy have started early, you can hear them now... "I love you, you love me...." "

Hmmm...the last person who said something similar to this of me ended up with his head swinging from my horses' mane, while on campaign to Persia. Not the smartest thing to say, especially when it has no basis in fact, and when, well, let's face it, the guy whom you are addressing is a hardened warlord with very little patience for whiny little people. (History Guy polishes a very large, and very pointy battleaxe.)
                          Empire growing,
                          Pleasures flowing,
                          Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

[(Extremely poor) Roleplay]

As for myself, my stand in this is that, in essence, the Republic is best for the people and the civilization (though I daresay we will have a bit more rioting than we'd appreciate), and I do want to see the best done for the people as can possibly be, as I do believe most assuredly that all men are created equal (and that none of us are evolved from monkeys, as well...).

However, I will take no part in this revolution if it becomes a bloody witchunt with the aim of taking out all of our old, monarchist patriots. Call me antiquarian, but this is hardly the reward for heroism. I don't recall (as a veteran of all the wars of Apolytonia myself) ever seeing the esteemed young would-be-revolutionary Arnelos in those wars myself, in fact, as far as I am concerned, the chap just materialized out of no-where. This is not true of men like Mr. Where Its At, Uberkrux, and Unorthodox, some of Apolytonia's great heroes, and models of the ideals of the everyman. If we try to take down ideals, what are we left with, other than an extremely soggy banana?

If this makes me an 'enemy of the people', than so be it! I do not regard myself as anything but the people's friend, but I don't believe that it would be in the best interests of the people to see the statues of the ideal Apolytonian citizens reduced to dust.

Which reminds me...I really need to get my watch fixed.

[Yeah, that's all the roleplay I gots to give...]
                            Empire growing,
                            Pleasures flowing,

Comment

All in good fun, History Guy

As for myself, of course I'm relatively new... but, then again, I haven't noticed many of the more venerable committed "builder" types even bothering to stand up on this issue or other related ones...

While the Hawks have been beating the war drums non-stop for the past several terms, it is unfortunate that those in favor of peace at most, republic at the very least (and it's easy to warmonger under republic - hell, I'm in favor of it in the long-run) have done little more than occassionally whine...

When UnOrthOdOx has made fun of the DIA for being both (1) behind the times on things it should rightly be pressing and (2) apparently incapable of getting Apolytonia riled up about *its* issues the way the Hawks seem to have done with *their* issues, he's right. The DIA has been rather ineffectual on these issues...

The reason the Hawks are upset at me (and attempting to use my relative newcomer status to discredit me) is that I'm actually attempting to breathe some life and new dynamism into the previously plodding builder argument/movement... They're upset because the Hawks have gotten accustomed (too accustomed...) to having a monopoly on dynamism...

My objective is to make this side less open to the criticism that it's just sitting there and doing very little constructive (just complaining about wars isn't constructive) that's it's been vulnerable to for quite some time... If the Hawks are upset by that, it's only because they've become complacent due to a long string of victories...

So there ya go
                              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Heck, yes, of course it's all in good fun!
                                Empire growing,
                                Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Working...
                                X