UNofficial Political Poll...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNofficial Political Poll...

This very unoffical and informal poll is intended to gauge whether voters more typically vote (or intend to vote) with the Hawk Party, the DIA, or neither (and to what degree they tend or intend to do so).

Thank you.

QUESTION:

Which party do you tend (or intend) to more generally vote with/for in Apolytonian elections?

OPTIONS:

1. I almost always or always vote Hawk
    2. I generally vote Hawk, but sometimes not
    3. I lean Hawk, but my voting varies a lot
    4. I vote for no party more often than any other
    5. I generally avoid voting with/for parties
    6. I lean DIA, but my voting varies a lot
    7. I generally vote DIA, but sometimes not
    8. I almost always or always vote DIA
    9. I generally do not vote in elections (abstain)
    I almost always or always vote Hawk
    9.68%
    I generally vote Hawk, but sometimes not
    9.68%
    I lean Hawk, but my voting varies a lot
    6.45%
    I vote for no party more often than any other
    22.58%
    I generally avoid voting with/for parties
    16.13%
    I lean DIA, but my voting varies a lot
    9.68%
    I generally vote DIA, but sometimes not
    12.90%
    I almost always or always vote DIA
    9.68%
    I generally do not vote in elections (abstain)
    3.23%

The poll is expired.

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

I vote for the candidate I think is best or who I want to win. Always have and always will. I am proud to say I can't tell the difference between any parties named DIA, Hawks, UFC, NWO or HLA, or even which of these still exist, if they ever did.

Thus I am a number 4. It is as if I am blind to party affiliations.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

nWo

All the Way!!!!!

Um. I vote who is best for the job.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I haven't voted in this poll yet, figure as the poster of the poll I shouldn't vote first

As for how I think/thought it would come out, I honestly figure (ESPECIALLY given the setting) that #4 will poll very highly, perhaps with the occassional vote for #5 as well.

Comment

I generally vote Hawk, but sometimes not.

because sometimes a hawk isn't running
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Well, that's my fault while trying to make the statements shorter rather than more fully descriptive . I meant that you always vote Hawk when Hawk is an option, but whatever .

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
              Well, that's my fault while trying to make the statements shorter rather than more fully descriptive . I meant that you always vote Hawk when Hawk is an option, but whatever .
              i know what you meant, i was going for a humourous note
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Upon further review, I noticed that this poll goes either way fairly evenly. ..
                Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                  Upon further review, I noticed that this poll goes either way fairly evenly. ..
                  Yeah, so far it's Hawk 7 (counting leans), Independent 8, DIA 7 (counting leans). Pretty darn even... I'm pretty sure that means our ACTIVE crowd is pretty evenly distributed...

I'm betting the reason why the DIA tally was so high in Duddha's poll was (1) he let everyone pick more than one option and the independents probably picked DIA more often than Hawk and (2) it seems there are a lot of DIA/builders who aren't very active... We might call them the "silent builder majority" - assuming they bother to show up at the polls

Comment

*BUMP*

Meshelic requested to have a poll something like this at the top

Comment

I avoid voting for parties whatsoever. If there's an independent candidate, he has my vote in most of the cases. If not, I often abstain.

Comment

I avoid voting for parties whatsoever. If there's an independent candidate, he has my vote in most of the cases.

This is illogical. Either you never support parties, or sometimes you do.
                        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Thanks Arnelos I had overlooked that previous poll, embarrasingly enough I had posted in it. Doh!

It seems that basically everyone who is an ACTIVE member here just votes independently for whoever is best candidate. I don't really like one-sided elections, so I'm glad that can be avoided here.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                            Thanks Arnelos I had overlooked that previous poll, embarrasingly enough I had posted in it. Doh!

It seems that basically everyone who is an ACTIVE member here just votes independently for whoever is best candidate. I don't really like one-sided elections, so I'm glad that can be avoided here.
                            I think a lot of the "parties" business is pure role-play when it comes to the elections largely because the real playstyle/strategy differences between people (especially the builder-warrior split) are handled primarily by the polls, which means the actual ministers are more implementing than creating policy - and we generally trust the most competent people, regardless of "party", to do that. So having UberKruX and now Aggie as SMC makes perfect sense, regardless of whether we're at peace or war, because they're competent. Likewise with a number of other people and their positions, which is why they can afford to run as independents and still get overwhelming support from all sides. That's just my observation, though .

Comment

Well of course but it's fun to tie it in anyways

Comment

Working...
                              X