Unofficial Gazette Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unofficial Gazette Question

A simple question.Do you read the Jungle Gazette?
    Yes
    84.85%
    No
    15.15%
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Of course!

Can't live without it...

I try to contribute every once and a while too, but that's something I need to get better at... the Gazette's more than worth it.

-- adaMada
    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

to be blatantly honest.... no, no i dont

i do read maybe an article or two from every gazette (or i try)... i always have
      and i might have read the first gazette, from top to bottom

but i never, ever regularly read the entire gazette.
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

um... yes

Ninot, that has got to be one of the shortest attention spans I've heard of

"Wow, this is sorta interesting about how this economic - LOOK, A BIRD JUST FLEW BY! - now, what was I doing again? .... hmmm, oh well, I'll remember at some point."
        Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
        Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
        7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

who said it had anything to do with attention spans?

the gazette is some good reading, but usually, the content doesnt interest me greatly.

and bird's don't distract me...
          but those ferrets on the other hand
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

One who does not read The Jungle Gazette has no advantage over one who cannot.
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

It's like the advertisement campaign for the Washington Post around here a few years ago: "If you don't get it, you don't get it".

Which reminds me... for you Americans (you'll get this), here's a joke about the various U.S. papers:

The Wall Street Journal is read by the people who run the country.

The New York Times is read by the people who think they run the country.

The Washington Post is read by the people who think they ought to run the country.

USA Today is ready by the people who think they ought to run the country, but can't understand the Washington Post.

The Washington Times is read by the people who think the country is run by liars who don't know how to run a country.

The Los Angeles Times is read by the people who wouldn't mind running the country if they could spare the time.

The Boston Globe is read by the people whose grandparents ran the country.

The New York Daily News is read by the people who aren't too sure who's running the country.

The New York Post is read by the people who don't care who's running the country, as long as they do something scandalous.

The San Francisco Chronicle is read by the people who aren't sure there is a country or that anyone should be running it.

The Miami Herald is read by the people who are running another country, but like to check on baseball scores.

The [Boulder, CO] Daily Camera is read by the people who think they live in another country.

The National Enquirer is read by the people who think aliens are running the country.

Comment

NO, I don't read every gazette. Just the few I don't write.

Ninot, perfectly understandable. I skim the Stats in a similar way. Just don't have time to go through it all word for word.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Yes, of course!
                  Btw, Arnelos, great joke... we have something like this in Brazil, too!
                  The newspaper where I work, for instance, is read by the people who "drive" the country (cab drivers - seriously!!).
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Aro,

Yeah, your profile said you were a "political cartoonist".

As for me, I read the Washington Post.... It's a bit left of my taste (it's generally considered center-left), but I read it mostly because it's a hometown paper and it has the best international section for any U.S. paper... The New York Times has a reputation for a "good" international section, but in my opinion it's bascially "Israel, Israel, and more Israel". As for the Washington Times, it's so thoroughly and completely biased to the right that I find it hard to stand even for being center-right myself...

Comment

Hey, Tass

Why Unofficial? Your still a member of the staff.
                      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                        Hey, Tass

Why Unofficial? Your still a member of the staff.
                        I had no authorization from you

Oh btw...I'm considering returning to maybe submit articles and eventually maybe even begin writing editions again.
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Whenever you are ready!

You may have noticed I am changing up the E-mail format a bit, though...
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

yes. mesa can readify the gazette
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I, as the other 94% of our population am illiterate and so no, I do not "read" the Gazette, but I do make excellent oragami figures from it.

Comment

Working...
                              X