Special Economic Report: Monarchy vs. Republic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Economic Report: Monarchy vs. Republic

As requested by certain officials, I am issuing a special economic report detailing what we can expect a government switch to do to our economy.

Chart 1:
    A comparison of what we make as a monarchy now, in 430 AD, and what I estimate we would be making as a republic (as we are a Religious civilization it will only take us one turn to switch over, thus preventing a lot of problems that we may have had otherwise).

Conclusion: Corruption costs are, thankfully, no worse under Monarchy than under Republic. However as we will be making more money, we will also be losing more. If you calculate the percentage of income minus percentage of expenses, we currently make 30.2% surplus. Under Republic we can expect this to fall to 13.8%
    Attached Files
    Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
    Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
    Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Chart 2:
    A raw number comparison of the same as chart 1; this more accurately shows the changes under Republicanism: under Monarchy we make 89 Lytons. We can expect this fall to 72 Lytons under Republic.

Conclusion: Taking for granted a 20% luxury rate and the unit costs, we will at first make less money under Republic. But remember that these are very conservative estimates: worst case scenario. There is a good chance that we will actually make *somewhat* more money from the start; but with the addition of some courthouses and temples/cathedrals to drop the luxury rate, we'll be making much more.
    Attached Files
    Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

WOW!
      “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

Well... I never made any calculations, but, as I said in another thread, in my games the change to Republic from Monarchy gave me more troubles than solutions... I usually go to Democracy without touch in Rep.

Edit:
        Reddawg, this is, maybe, the most important information that you gave us with the stats. Powerful tool!
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

A few questions:

What will our profit be in absolute terms under Republic? (And what is it now?)

Can you show some estimates for total profit after construction of courthouses and temples (accounting for the lessening of the luxury rate and of corruption)?

How does science funding factor in?
          oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

The profit right now is 89/turn, under Monarchy I predict 72/turn but it's got a good chance to be as much as 90/turn. This all is based upon a 0% science rate, which we already know won't be the case but for the sake of this analysis...

as for courthouses and temples, its safe to say that 10 temples and 10 courthouses would cancel eachother out; a courthouse in a small or medium city will probly only save a couple commerce; in bigger cities it saves a lot more; so in actuality 10 temples (needed in smaller cities) and 10 courthouses (needed in larger cities) would lead to oh, a rough estimate? increasing income by 10-20 per/turn.

Comment

Ignore me.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Ah. I thought that the 89/turn and 72/turn referred to income minus expenses. (It's that high? )
                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

May I suggest not to add expenses and revenue in any kind of financial analysis ? If you choose city income as reference, which is appropriate, expenses should be expressed as a % of city income.
                  Statistical anomaly.
                  The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I don't think a switch is feesable atm. We'll maek more money but will have to put so much into lux that we'll be making less over all. we really could do with some market places.
                    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Unortho- ignore you? what? lol

Vlad- income minus expenses IS profit

Davout- je ne suis pas certain, qu'est-ce que tu veux dire?

Comment

Are we sure we would need 20% luxaries?
                        (Assuming of course we aren't at war.)

In my own games, the only time under Republic I've need a percentage of money going to luxaries at all was to fight war werriouness.

I sugest that we look into aquiring more unique luxaries. (Trade - War - Culture Bomb)

Aro: We are religious and should take advantage of the low cost to switch when adventagous. If we weren't religious I'd be advocating skipping Republic and waiting for Democracy myself.

OPD: The luxaryies needed will go down as Market Places are built in our core cities. We need to build the Market Places anyway. A GA starting right after we switch to Republic would also increase revenue and reduce the luxary percentage needed.
                        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                        Templar Science Minister
                        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I am not certain, what is it that you are trying to say?

We really need to start building market places. If we had them in 10 -12 cities it would be no contest and we'd definatly switch to republic.
                          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Oops - cross talked.
                            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                            Templar Science Minister
                            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

wow this topic has become very confused, i dunno whos talking to who anymore or about what, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X