City Renaming suggestion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City Renaming suggestion.

Nothing against BFM, it just doesn't make for an exciting city name, and as it has two whale resources I thought naming it "Whales" or simply the "Whelsh Coast" would be kind of appropriate.

Any comments suggestions? Do we have any rules in the CoL for petitioning a city's name change?
    Attached Files

I don't know if there is anything on changing names in the CoL.

All names should be polled on IMO. Port Rouge, Mingapulco, and whatever the Persian area is named are the best names we got, again IMHO.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'm not an expert in CoL-related issues, so all I can say is that I like Ghengis's name and I think it is far more exciting than BFM (no offense BigFurry).
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I really hope the new CoL has a method for petitioning a city name change, I like ministers getting to name one city, but there should be a method outlined for renaming really annoying names.

Comment

I propose the name "Cetus Maximus" (or some variation thereof such as "Ceti Maximus") for the whale city.
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I notice it has a cow and a whale, and a source of iron. Maybe we can make skillets out of the iron and call the city Surf’n’turf

Well, it’s better than BFM

Comment

BFM = BigFurryMonster, or so I have been told. BFM is a member of the community...... and hides under your bed at night so watch out or he is gonna get ya....
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

BFM stands for BigFurryMonster, one of our citizens.

He's a great guy, but I agree we shouldn't generally name cities after members (though Timeline already set a precedent for that...).

Comment

lol, we posted same time

Comment

I also get the impression that due to the difficulty of sailing across from the mainland, many children on Ãœber Isle will have grown up without seeing a banana at all. Oh, perhaps the upper class of Another Glorious City will get to see bananas because they can pay the Banana Transportation Insurance fees, but in far away BFM? No, they probably think that bananas are round and red, and are very tasty baked in a pie, especially after a meal of cow and whale.

Comment

Originally posted by pikesfan
                      I notice it has a cow and a whale, and a source of iron. Maybe we can make skillets out of the iron and call the city Surf’n’turf

Oh, 'F' is for Furry? I thought of a rude word.

Getting back on the topic: I like Whales or Ceti Maximus. AnotherGloriousCity has a whale so we could rename that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Vitreous Humor

Oh, 'F' is for Furry? I thought of a rude word.

Getting back on the topic: I like Whales or Ceti Maximus. AnotherGloriousCity has a whale so we could rename that as well.
                        Cetus/Ceti Major and Cetus/Ceti Minor

Comment

i dont see any reason to change it, infact i see it is sort of rude.

perhaps you could "trade" you're city name for his? (if you have one, i'm a little behind).

all in all. UBERGORSK will never be renamed
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

First of all lets set the record straight on where the name "BFM" came from. It was named by OPD after he had requested name suggestions in the turnchat. Several people through out some names but BFM was constantly asking questions, and OPD just typed BFM because BFM was annoying him at the time. NO ONE EVER SUGGESTED "BFM" AS A CITY NAME.

Comment

If I may propose name for city with whales.

Free Willy
                              Tastes like tuna
                              It's like tuna I swear
                              :-p

Comment

Working...
                              X