Chat Time Proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat Time Proposal

Would it possible to find a time slot for which it isn't night for any player? I'm not sure exactly, but I think there are no players from the time zones between Israel's (GMT +3 now) and New Zealand's (GMT +12) (times from: http://greenwichmeantime.com)

If I'm incorrect about the player assumption, please post!

So, if we schedule the chat so that is is at 22:00 Israel time and thus at 7:00 New Zealand time (that is: 19:00 GMT), we have the night in places where no active player lives.

I know this has been talked about before. Of course a lot of voting has been done on this subject. And yes, it sometimes turns out to be at a different time. But I think it is not fair to exclude any player from the chats just because it takes place in the middle of the night, and because they're outvoted.

We can have one chat in the weekend and one during the week, so people who are at school / work can attend in the weekends.
    Greatest moments in cat:

Right now is the only time I can hold the chat. It is either this or nothing at all.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Yeah - we gotta live with whatever time the Prez (or VP) says they can have it. We can't do shiznit without the Prez there.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I would have been far more flexible if I was in charge of a turnchat this weekend. We needed one during the week though and OPD and Aggie's times conflicted and today was the only day I was remotely free.

There were actually some very important jobs I could have been doing instead today. Right now I am even working. I am just really disliking the work so I am taking a few breaks.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Maybe we can select the Government for next term on basis of their availability...
          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

BFM... I'd be rather opposed to that, because inevitably people from different areas of hte planet will end up competing with each other over where they live (and thus their time availability).

It's easier to just have the true minister write the orders and entrust a trustworthy deputy minister who can be there to fill in, in case of emergencies/crises, etc.

What might be interesting is to have ministers and their "vice-ministers" run as teams of two
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Working...
            X