• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jungle Gazette: Volume XIX

The Jungle Gazette

Your Light in the Jungle - September 24, 310 AD

This issue is mostly for fun as there is not allot new going on

THE GAZETTE ON STRIKE!!!

We here at the Gazette are tired of the disrespect that has been shown towards us through a number of organizations. First came the Constitutional Convention, and their intention to REMOVE!!! reporters from the constitution. Look here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=59314

This will only lead to the Government and their ability to withhold information from our reporters, and therefore from YOU, the people. Sure, people argue that the only purpose of the clause was for the distribution of the save file back when it was only let out via E-mail, but we here contend that this clause is the ONLY way in which we can continue to bring quality reports and interviews from government officials. It lays out that the Gov't is REQUIRED to provide us with the information that we request. So much is going on that is not included in the save that we cannot allow such information to be withheld!

Then, more recently, our very process for printing has been stolen. Look here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...08#post1319791

Not only have they gone and stolen our very process of pressing such things as banana leaves to form this fine material for easy distribution, they fail to give ANY credit to it's rightful place. How hard would it be to call the machine a Gazette Press, or Gazette production factory, but NO!!! They call it a paper press as if it was some 'NEW' discovery when we here at the Gazette have been doing such for thousands of years.

What's more, they tried to appease me by offering some pathetic token of a paper press as if I was in need of Charity!!! What about the many editors and contributors to the Gazette, and why on earth would I need your 'Paper press' when I have SEVERAL of my Banana leaf presses in operation throughout our nation?!?

I will not sit back and let this paper be disrespected in such a manner. I call now for each and every one of our readers to join me in a protest march on BOTH of these threads!

- UnOrthOdOx

If you are looking for actual news, check the newspage tomorrow, I write the update tonight and all will be on there
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Fight the oppression UnOrthOdOx!!
    The people are behind you. (and they're running away because the oppression has guns)
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Hey, just like the old times (here in Brazil, I mean )
      Fight for your rights, UnOrthO!!
      And yeah, we are running away. Those goons have pikes!
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Outrageous! ;-)
        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Yes my plans for an all out dictatorship are finally coming to fruition I now only need to get rid of the judicial system.
          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

So does this mean the Gazette is now classified as a tabloid?

Comment

Great! We'll have reports of UFO sightings in the Gazette!!
              Hey, wait a minute... this isn't such a bad idea.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
                Yes my plans for an all out dictatorship are finally coming to fruition I now only nee to get rid of the judicial system.
                my legacy, to be destroyed?

i can't have it!

if such a thing should occur, why, i will have to renew my dictators club license!
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Perhaps the Gazette should have a "gossip" section where the less newsworthy rumors can be printed.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                    Perhaps the Gazette should have a "gossip" section where the less newsworthy rumors can be printed.
                    So it is your belief that the above article is a "less newsworthy rumor"?

Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                      So does this mean the Gazette is now classified as a tabloid?
                      Only he posts a page three girl.

Now there's an idea for an officiall poll: Should The Gazette.....

Comment

*Sigh* This is the exact reason I left the Planet Earth. You people simply do not know how to behave like humans.

Barbarians.....all of you....
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

UnOrthOdOx, a press not of the government is free of the government...

Revolutionary thought there, yes?

OPD, come and get me.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

[roleplay]

Concerned Apolytonians, those who love the free press and wish more freedoms for our great people, join the republican movement!

Find details here:

[/roleplay]
                            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Originally posted by Vitreous Humor

Only he posts a page three girl.

Now there's an idea for an officiall poll: Should The Gazette.....
                              Don't give any ideas like that!

Now GF will have to start a Page 3 tabloid, but what would it be called?

The Banana?
                              Proud member of the Hawk Party.

Comment

Working...
                              X