No announcement yet.

Combat Results Math...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can cheat with random generators, just introducing a counter in the function... after "x" victories, a new function replaces the old one; after a lot of damage in YOUR troops, the old functions comes back and the things seems "normal" again. There's a lot of other ways.
    Btw, Firaxis is always cheating... Just kidding, Mike!
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

You are right Aro, the Universe is biased, as all machines are. It produces only heavy atoms from pure energy, through a process in which we appear for a reason we have still to find. Are we designed to help the process, or are we just an inocuous defect ? And in all case are we able to perturb the process enough in order to bring the machine owner to let us go outside ?
      Statistical anomaly.
      The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Are we designed to help the process
        no
        , or are we just an inocuous defect ?
        yes
        ? And in all case are we able to perturb the process enough in order to bring the machine owner to let us go outside ?
        no

now may I please have some pop tarts?

Comment

Brillant, Davout. The Universe, our brains and Math have the same structure... This is why we are able to describe the "nature of things". IMO, we are designed as a part of this, maybe (I don't say "No" or "yes" to this) to understand. And, of course, to perturb the process. Knowledge is our punishment and our redemption.
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax

now may I please have some pop tarts?
            But, Epistax... we have a lot of geeks and nerds here, this is a pop tart!
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas

Comment

Uh-oh. Now it gets philosophical...
              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                Uh-oh. Now it gets philosophical...
                You're right. Shoot the philosophers!
                "Philosophers, think about yourselves"...
                RIAA sucks
                The Optimistas

Comment

No I meant a strawberry pop tart.

Comment

All we have are banana pop tarts and grape pop tarts. We're in Apolytonia...
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas

Comment

Actually this game gives us a golden opportunity so see if things work out pretty much as they should. We can keep track of not only individual battles but also of each "hit point fight". We can see if they do truly go in steaks and even see if successive battles go in streaks. We all have antedotal evidence that hit points tend to go like this attacker win(w),w,w,l,l,l,w or such. We now can verify it. Additionally It also seems that the overall battles go this way. Look at us here. We went through a period where we couldn't be beat, then we lose troops in the atatck on pasargadae. Also we can see if over the whole game we do get a GL on average 1/16 of the time an elite attacks. In short this game is the embodyment of a lab on civ3 statistics. Heck we can even be like they are in baseball and figure winning streaks etc. I have only scratched the surface.
                      Aggie
                      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Great, Aggie! You really found something here.
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas

Comment

Which Statistician would take up such a challenging task?
                          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                            Which Statistician would take up such a challenging task?

Reddawg will have the same problem I have... Big requests and small staff...
                            RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas

Comment

It sounds like a project for a team of us... I don't think any of us want to even attempt that one alone due to the sheer amount of data you've have to be sloshing through.
                              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

for anyone interested

I have studied stats a bit but at the end of the day you win some you loose some and thats about it.
                                Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X