No announcement yet.

310AD discussion/Reaction thread and save

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's keep on rollin'. We may have lost a few units (and may continue to lose them), but we should be able to get some more out of Persia. Worst case scenario: we lose most of our ready attackers in an assault on Persepolis. No Pyramids, lux etc. BUT, we won't know until we try, and at the least we can always get peace and a lot more out of them for 20 turns. They are running scared - let's push the advantage to the hilt!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Agreed. Take over the Persian heartland.

Lobby for more Knights. City improvements can wait until after we overrun the Persian heart land, at which point our army should be able to take out America easily.
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I have heard the people and will act accordingly, I always like consulting the people on such great matters.
        Hey I just discover something get this it is cheaper to make a chariot(which we can still make) and upgrade to a knight than to get a knight built to the same # of shields and rush. WHOA that can be useful.
        Example it would cost 150+ to rush knight in tass, but only 100 to upgrade chariot to knight and he already has plenty of shield for knight.
        Aggie
        The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I persoanlly would stop after Persepolis and get a lucrative peace deal. If we are not going to do so, then we must get the war with Persia done right quick, even if it means heavy losses: we need to get to a point where we need not spend huge sums to get techs, or have to go to war to get them either- and we wil not get there from end;less campaigning.
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

We can't stop at Persepolis unless we raze/capture the Persian cities close to it first because otherwise we lose Persepolis back to the Persians via culture.

Other major Persian cities seem to be close enough to trigure a chain reaction as well, so if we stop short of taking the entire heart land, we are going to have to raze a couple we don't want to ensure we keep the others.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
              I have heard the people and will act accordingly, I always like consulting the people on such great matters.
              Hey I just discover something get this it is cheaper to make a chariot(which we can still make) and upgrade to a knight than to get a knight built to the same # of shields and rush. WHOA that can be useful.
              Example it would cost 150+ to rush knight in tass, but only 100 to upgrade chariot to knight and he already has plenty of shield for knight.
              Aggie
              I will take that into advisement. What happened to that budget thread...I gotta look at that now that I am taking over CP for a week...
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
              X