Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Privince's (areas, sectors, or what not)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Privince's (areas, sectors, or what not)

OK. Been looking at the game.

I would like to do the following changes, additions, corrections, and what not to the regions. As the $ game relies on some of this, and as Aro and the geographic society have posted many maps and such.... well, I want to have the people discuss this.

First. Mingapulco: Can we either add Timeline, or remove port rouge, or both?

Ill de Rose: Add thebes? What about the french cities when we culture flip them.

Pina Colada: Removing Timeline would hurt for now, but add the american cities we are to soon get.

Cherbourg - lets call this a city state, with plans to expand into full province once our growth take us in that direction.

Uber Isle - a new province? When I make my decisions of assistants this sat/sun, the person will get to name it. By Polling the public I assume.

Persia - Same as uber isle, but with war going on our final boundaries are unknown. Hopefully we will get it all.

OK. Please discuss. If we feel we need to hold votes on any subject, hopefully I can get them set up early next week.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

These changes look pretty cool.

I assume new administrartors will get to name their regions again.

edit: I mean I assume the administrators of any new regions will get to name them.
    Last edited by OPD; September 21, 2002, 17:17.
    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

i think its a bad idea to change the names of regions! and any moving of a city from one region to another should require a poll.

otherwise, lets see: thebes shouldnt go to Ile De Rose, ile de rose should only add french cities to what it has now. and what is the Persian region going to be named?
      Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
      Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
      Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
      Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Don't know if this will help but these are the proposed "Markets" when we finish the Beta of the $Mini-Game:

(Occupied City) and "Unfounded City"

"Old Coast"
        Apolyton, Termina, Tassagrad, BHQ, "Mystery City", (Chartres)

"Northgrass"
        Timeline, Gaia, Chiquita, Thebes, (Mycenae), Del Monte

"The Iron Jungle"
        Ubergorsk, Geofront, Loveshack, Napoleton, "New Munich", Seeberg

"The Wineland"
        Here It Is, Port Rouge, (Rheims), Jerusalem, Macross City

"The Colonies"
        Uber Island

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
          These changes look pretty cool.

I assume new administrartors will get to name their regions again.

edit: I mean I assume the administrators of any new regions will get to name them.

I think I will make a poll, about changing every cityname that has someones nick on it. These are names that doesn't make sense in a game... Who started that trend anyway?
          My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePlagueRat

I think I will make a poll, about changing every cityname that has someones nick on it. These are names that doesn't make sense in a game... Who started that trend anyway?
            Why not a poll that has th ecity names, I don't have a problem with player's names being worked into the city names as thats where many names have come from (Georgetown, Virginia, WashingtonDC, Stalin/Leningrad, Alexandria, etc.) but some of our names our just flat out annoying.

Comment

Right. - Flat out annoying. That's the point.
              Get ready for the official poll.

PSeh, is there some new legal issues I should consider then?)
              My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                Don't know if this will help but these are the proposed "Markets" when we finish the Beta of the $Mini-Game:

(Occupied City) and "Unfounded City"

"Old Coast"
                Apolyton, Termina, Tassagrad, BHQ, Gotham, (Chartres)

"Northgrass"
                Timeline, Gaia, Chiquita, (Mycenae), Del Monte

"The Iron Jungle"

"The Wineland"
                Here It Is, Port Rouge, (Rheims), Jerusalem, Macross City, Opiadom

"The Colonies"
                Uber Island
                And everthing east of the Iron Jungle will be referred to as "Occupied Persia" until a better term comes forward.
                Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 28, 2002, 11:55.

Comment

[roleplay]
                  I see duddha is attempting to muscle in on my Pina Colada territories

I have seen several instances where Seeborg, Oak Ridge and Nepolyton are being usurped by this maniac member of A.R.E.

We cannot subject the rightful peoples of Pina Colada to this savage!

Keep cities from Duddha!
                  Power to Pina Colada! Heir aperent to the Apolytonian Palace!
                  [roleplay]

Actually I think these cities should be in El Nino, geographicly speaking. Opeidum is also currently listed as Pina Colada and, regretfully, I would have to say the it should be in Ill De Rose.
                  Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                  1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

(Occupied City)

"Old Coast"
                    Apolyton, Termina, Tassagrad, BHQ, Gotham, (Chartres)

"Northgrass"
                    Timeline, Gaia, Chiquita, (Mycenae), Del Monte

"The Iron Jungle"

"The Wineland"
                    Here It Is, Port Rouge, (Rheims), Jerusalem, Macross City, Opiadom

"The Colonies"
                    Uber Island
                    If we do take America, the Northgrass will probably be renamed "The Badlands" and gain all the American territory while giving Timeline to "Old Coast" and Gaia to "The Iron Jungle". (trying to keep the markets balanced)
                    Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 28, 2002, 17:18.

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                      hi ,

one of Aro's famous maps here would do good , ...

have a nice day
                      Hi, Panag.
                      I'm just waiting the conclusion of the discussion. Then I will made an overlay with the regions, that will make easy to update the regional maps.
                      have a nice day, Panag!
                      RIAA sucks
                      The Optimistas
                      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I think El Nino should have the following cities:

Loveshack
                        Ubergorsk
                        Geofront
                        Napoleton
                        Oak Ridge
                        Seeberg

This plan gives the province a good shape and conforms to the geographic realities. Tyre should not be in El Nino as it is full of foreigners and lies across a mountain range, how am I to rule them? Oak Ridge and Seeberg are historic parts of the province and lie within the same general jungle area, otherwise Pina Colada is split between grassland and jungle.

quote:

2. As an M.P.P. proponent, I recommend joining forces with Mingapulco Province in order to divert energies away from the corrupt Piña Coladans
                        Unite against Pina Colada!
                        Duddha: I will return...
                        Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                        "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                        Free California!

Comment

Working...
                        X