Inter-Party Discussion thread: suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/me mumbles to himself 'no good lousy...gotta do everything myself...'

Hey, how about we get two people together to discuss the govt type debate that is going around the forum? Uber, or someone else, for Monarchy, and Arnelos, Reddawg, or someone else for Republic?

huh? huh?

Or does someone wish to argue how to peel the banana with me? here is even a reference:
    Banana cotroversy
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I have a willing participant for the Banana Debate. Who would like to host?
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

UnOrthO, as my PM said, I'd be willing to do it.

-- adaMada
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Ok, you want to PM DAVOUT and set up a starting time, or should I?

He will be advocating peeling from the Stem side while I will take the proper...er from the top side.
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

UnOrthO, don't really care about who PM's Davout -- as long as things go in twenty four hour blocks and I can start at some time when I'll be around, it all sounds good to me.

What timescale/plan do we want to use? We've both posted one at times, though I'd probably need to glance through both to see if there are any major differences...

-- adaMada
            Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

The host should reply after the initial viewpoints. Then he should be the one to trigger responses.

Host makes thread, lays out format and rules (no replies from public, party b respond immediately following party a then wait for host, etc.)
              IE party A posts view
              Party B posts view
              Host asks party b to respond to A and/or asks B a question
              Part B responds
              Hosts asks party A to respond to B and/or asks a queston
              Party A responds.

Rinse and repeat.

I think for this deomonstration, we should have a maximum of two responses, or one response each, then open to public for a time and another set of responses.
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Not to bag on Ninot, but now that he's running for President, perhaps we should find another moderator for the show. Ninot will be far too busy with the Presidency, and the show really ought to have a neutral moderator. Has anyone else expressed interest in the role?

NYE and jdjdjd might both be good hosts. The show needs both a good "Personality" to host it as well as someone who's neutral and well respected.

Ideas?

--Togas
                Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

adaMada is taking the demostration show at least. jdjdjd has joined the DIA, and they may need him to debate on the show more than hosting. I will ask NYE if his PM box gets emptied. I think we could easily rotate hosts around for the shows, though.
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Cough,

BUMP!!!

DAVOUT,

You still on to defend your backwards way of eating banana's?

ada, Arnelos, someone care to host this discussion? Someone else care to take sides on how to peel and eat your banana? I will take either position. Wait, I know just the person... But feel free to volunteer, I don't know if I can get him to do it...
                    Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; December 4, 2002, 17:05.
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I'll do it -- give me a day to get the rules compiled and worked out .

(Thanks for the reminder -- I'd nearly forgotten all about it ).

-- adaMada
                      Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

I am peeling the bananas from the stem, and I am ready to tell you why.
                        Statistical anomaly.
                        The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

There you have it ada,

Let's set up a time to start this.

My schedule is fairly open during the week as I have access at work. Next week probably considerably less as I will be on base instead of my office. Saturday's are pretty open too.
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                          X