Official Ministry of Expansion Poll Uber Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Ministry of Expansion Poll Uber Island

This an Official Fact Gathering Poll of the Ministry of Imperial Expansion.

Here are the two most popular plans for the placement of city sites on Uber Isle.

Our next city will be at site F, this poll will last 5 days.

Option One Six total city sites, with two later sites on the coast to use additional coastal and sea tiles.

Option Two Seven total city sites, with one later site going in the middle to use the tiles not in the previous cities radius.
    Option One (Six(8) cities counting AGC)
    47.06%
    Option Two (Seven(8) cities counting AGC)
    50.98%
    Eat a banana (Abstain)
    1.96%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by GhengisFarb™; September 24, 2002, 08:42.

I voted "2". All cities are coastal ones! We will be a Super Naval Power someday... or at least we are discussing this in the War Academy: Sea Power thread
    Last edited by Aro; September 19, 2002, 16:41.
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Option 1

Fewer land tiles wasted, more production potential.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I voted 1. Better shaped cities, less overlap and quicker to build. The additional sites are of low priority, it suffices to block tile "2" with a unit to prevent the AI from sneaking a city there. It won't settle at tile "1", it never settles only 2 tiles from another city.

Comment

I voted 1 also. Wonder who the other two were that didn't post a reply.............

Comment

Option one is the best guys. Come on! #1 utilizes more land space and shares less land between cities. It also doesn't expose all of our cities to sea bombardments and invasions.
            Last edited by Duddha; September 19, 2002, 18:44.
            Duddha: I will return...
            Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
            "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
            Free California!

Comment

Two.

I generally prefer coastal cities to inland cities, and this plan gives us more of them.
              oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Ghengis, you don't have to listen to the will of the people. #1 is better, just do it! For the future of the nation!
                "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                Free California!

Comment

You get seven overlaping tiles in plan 2 and only four in plan 1.
                  Free California!

Comment

We are borg?

If I was playing by myself I'd have 10 cities on the isle.
                    Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
                      We are borg?

If I was playing by myself I'd have 10 cities on the isle.
                      1) Admit you were in an accident which destroyed 95% of your brains cells, they installed a bio-organic computer and it was programmed with the Civ3 AI

2) When did they demote you back to Regional Administrator of Mingapulco? Or did you just forget to update your "location" in your profile?

Comment

Coastal cities = preferable. #2
                        Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                        Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                        Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                        Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Because 2 excludes the two cows in the lower part of the continent.

Please could someone make a new version of the 2 options where one could see the land which is now not seen.
                          So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

I voted option 1.
                            1) less overlap
                            2) less settlers needed by 1, so its faster to complete.
                            3) Naval power rarely effects the outcome of the game in my experience, so I dont see a massive need for the 3 extra coastal cities.
                            4) Option 2 wastes 5 tiles of land

Comment

Working...
                            X