Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministry of Imperial Expansion Potential Crisis

My first official thread!

Okay, here's the deal England's sending a spear and settler to claim New Sidon (their currently passing the Tyre Concentration Camp for Miseducated Persians (TCCMP)). We need to get a settler there ASAP.

Ouch. That's a very old map you're using :-)
    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

IIRC, that was the current map when Ghengis originally proposed it and drew the map up, which was a little while ago...

-- adaMada
      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Yeah I noticed the British invaders when I first opened the save and wanted to bring this up immediately but Aro needs time to rdo the map.

Comment

I've found in my games that it is very possible to stall settlement motions by foreign civs. If a unit can be detached, preferably a horseman or war chariot (for it's movement points) it can harry them in their path. The AI will not settle on certain land squares and as such you can delay the settlement or perhaps permanently forestall it (they eventually give up). The more units that can block it the better, altho I realize we're hard pressed with units already (stretched a bit thin).
          Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
          Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
          Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
          Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

The new map is in my site, http://www.arociv.com/Maps.html .
            There's a new map of Uber Isle, too.
            Last edited by Aro; September 18, 2002, 11:10.
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Since it appears the germans have no great desire to resettlemunick, could we use that settler to settle new sidon. Just an idea.
              Aggie
              The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

We'd still have to make another settler and move it out to New Munich.

And that's assuming he'd get there. Our settlers are the dumbest and laziest beings in the history of all 3 versions of Civilization! They refuse to move, sometimes spending 3-5 turns sitting in a city and not going where they were supposed to.

The settler for New Munich had two sets of identical written instructions and two pictures with arrows in case the moron couldn't read AND IT STILL WENT TO THE WRONG TILE.

Comment

The thing is all but one of those dyes near munich will be in are territory soon so I am unsure if we even need that settler, since the germans don't seem interested(though i wonder if the english could be)though the one from loveshack could fill the bill if necessary once loveshack gets to 3 we can rush, actually we won't have to rush we can time it to be built at the same time as the city gets to 3 cool. We could bring the other dyes online until that city is built. Also I can move units to slow him down.
                  Aggie
                  The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

What do you have against cities? We have to build cities to play the game. If you don't want cities why are we taking the Persian cities?

Comment

We can block him from getting to the New Sidon Location (that will require some of our troops). But the real thing that needs to concern us is: As soon as Tyre is abandond to build New Tyre, they will build where ever they are at.

We need to have a Settler on the New Tyre location when we abandon Tyre! This will prevent them from building where ever they will be at.

Actually, I think that the location of New Tyre should be exactly where the English Settler is currently located. It will be less impact on other cities. It will be on a river, so we won't have to build an Aquaduct. And have more access to more potential farmlands, so to feed the mine workers that we'll employ (8 vs 7).

E_T

[EDIT]: I see in GF's plan that he's already set the New Tyre Site to what I had origially posted.

P.S. We should rename New Tyre to Aggoplis!
                      Last edited by E_T; September 19, 2002, 18:34.
                      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                      Worship the Comic here!
                      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                      X