Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Area 25: Techs from Persia peace deal

This thread does not exist.

This is probably going to be my last Area 25 thread for at least a month.

Here's the deal. We will probably get a tech from the peace with Persia. It will probably be either Theology or Engineering unless they get Chivalry. If they get Chivarly, that will be the tech I will suggest Togas get. They might not get Chivalry by that time so we must decide between Theology and Engineering.

1. Theology - We might be able to get the Chapel from a GL (probably not the current one) if we pick this tech. We would also be able to start researching Education.

2. Engineering - Invention might be around by the time a deal is struck. The reason we might want to go for Engineering is that we would be able to buy Invention shortly afterwards as well will probably get a lot of GPT from this peace too. We might want to save that money for Chivalry though.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

I'd go for engineering, the faster we get to gunpowder the better. Once we get Chivalry we should go to war with persia and get some of thier rich grasslands, I'm sick of living in the swamps.

Comment

Originally posted by Odin
      I'd go for engineering, the faster we get to gunpowder the better. Once we get Chivalry we should go to war with persia and get some of thier rich grasslands, I'm sick of living in the swamps.
      I thought we were at war with Persia?

Comment

I hope to get all techs and all money they have, oh and of course pyramids too.
        Aggie
        The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Peace with the traitors? REMEMBER THE RoP!!!
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

IMHO by the time we reach the Pyramids they'll agree to give us everything they have if we just leave them alone.
            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

With the far flung cities that ET pointed out, we can take the entire Persian homeland!!!!!

NO PEACE!!!!
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                IMHO by the time we reach the Pyramids they'll agree to give us everything they have if we just leave them alone.
                . (Doesn't that sound familiar? .)

-- adaMada
                Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Yes it would be nice to get both, but what if we can only get one?
                  "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                  "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                  "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                  "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Theology, maybe. If we get another GL, we can try the Sistine Chapel.
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

We've gone this far, we may as well see it through until they agree to our terms.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                        Yes it would be nice to get both, but what if we can only get one?
                        Ok, in that case I'd have to say Engineering, because I really want Invention in a decent amount of time so we can get Leo's Workshop.

-- adaMada
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

As we are using our GL for Sun Tzu, all the other civs will switch to the sistine chappel to save their shields. We will therefor have Zero chance at this unless by some mirical we get another GL and Theology. IMO that makes engineering with the bonus to our armies (Bridges - thus no river crossing delays) far more important. Also, hopefully, the sistine will be built several turns prior to invention so no civ can pop all those saved up shield into Leo's, giving us a chance at building it.

Also, persia has a city to the north, mixed in with the english cities. Therefore, even when we take the homeland, they will still have a city and we can still make peace and take everything they have. If it is a choice, I say go for engineering.
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

hi ,

is it not possible to get theology and use our GL for the chapel , ....?

can this be done , ......

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                            X