Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election: Foreign Affairs Minister (Term 4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Foreign Affairs Minister (Term 4)

We need a Foreign Affairs Minister for term 4!

Who shall it be?

Candidates

Togas (incumbent)
    Nimitz (DIA)

You got 5 days, until about 1243GMT on 17 September.
    Togas
    70.59%
    Nimitz (DIA)
    29.41%

The poll is expired.

Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Is there a campain thread for this office?

I'd like to know what Nimitz & Togas have to say before I vote. Please atlease have some sort of campain.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Nimitz might have a few words, but I haven't seen him post recently.

Togas is away, he gets back in a coupla days (too lazy to track down exact time - it'll be in the FAM Term III thread, probably), so he can't say much except likely: more of what he has been doing so far this term.
      Consul.

Comment

Togas is away, he'll be back on the 15th.

If anyone has any questions about his goals and what he's accomplished this term, I'd be happy to answer (if such a campeign thread was created by Nimitz, then I'd probably represent Togas there for a few days). I can't speek, however, about next term -- we planned ahead to his return, but not beyond then.

Togas is really best represented by his work, however. A lot of information, compiled by the department under him, can be found in our office thread, at http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...hreadid=59421. He's put together a well managed department, and I think I speek for the entire Foreign Ministry when I say that we're proud of what we've accomplished this term.

-- adaMada
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Don't let the DIA into power.
          Duddha: I will return...
          Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
          "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
          Free California!

Comment

hrm... who to vote for....
            Togas, a qualified guy
            or Nimitz, a guy i dont know too much on other than DIA...
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

lol, too much party politics in this election.

Hawks running around all over the place opposing the DIA... DIA running all over the place opposing the Hawks...

From now on, I'm officially running all over the place and opposing all this opposing based on parties busness.

Seriously, we've got some good canidates running against each other, but I think that the determination of the 'best' one shouldn't be based on party. If you seriously can't pick, do what I do in those cases, and just don't vote.

Having said that, this is a Democracy game, so I guess everyone can do what they want, no matter how much it bugs me . (That's one of the things we've gotta change in the Constitutional Convention .

-- adaMada
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

I thought this was one of the least politicial elections. We have a grand total of two DIA and one Hawk running(vote for me).
                Duddha: I will return...
                Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                Free California!

Comment

The second election was def. very political... The first was well before my time, so I don't know. This probably is the least political...

Still, I'm allowed to b*tch about it, right? Democracy game ...

-- adaMada
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Originally posted by adaMada
                    The second election was def. very political... The first was well before my time, so I don't know. This probably is the least political...

Still, I'm allowed to b*tch about it, right? Democracy game ...

-- adaMada
                    Well, it was political for a few people
                    and perhaps for Trip and I
                    but we liked to say it wasnt. made us feel more important.
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I'd like to hope my non-existence of political affiliations (beyond my beloved 3A2C3 ) has contributed to the slow, painful demise of parties here.

Originally posted by adaMada

Having said that, this is a Democracy game, so I guess everyone can do what they want, no matter how much it bugs me . (That's one of the things we've gotta change in the Constitutional Convention .

-- adaMada
                      Damn! I knew I forgot SOMETHING I was supposed to do this term!

Consul.

Comment

At least this poll seems to be working.

Best of Luck Nimitz. Your insightful comments will be a great service to Apolyton, if you get into office.

Sean.
                        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Togas did a fine job, an excellent job, really, this term.

Nimitz, however, I have seen around, and he has always added intelligently to the conversations when he has felt the need.

Truly two qualified candidates.
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Yup, I'm around I just don't post much, I agree with most of Togas policies, but after persia and america I beleive we should stop warring and concetrate on building our self up and improving and mantaining good relations our neighbors and only fight war if we are pushed into it as in a demand we can't or will not comply with.
                            Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                            Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                            President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

Nimitz,

Why don't you check out the Roman demanding our WM thread ((http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...threadid=61729)) if you've got a sec... it's an active debate, with both sides well represented, and a good example of a nasty decision the FM may have to make.

-- adaMada
                              Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Working...
                              X