Campaing Thread: Minister of Science

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Campaing Thread: Minister of Science

This thread is for all canidates running for the posistion of Minister of Science to campaing. This thread is also for other people to post any questions/concerns.

The following People are currently running for the possition:

Trickey (independant)

Thud (dia)

Hi

Hi everyone,

The reason I chose to run for the position of Minister of science, is that I truly believe that our scientific choices and decisions will greatly effect the overall success of our nation. Apocalypse and civman2000 have done a great job before, and I plan to continue the trend of great Ministers of Science.

MY GOALS

I plan to be the voice of the people as far as science goes. Every choice I make will not go without a poll, and every suggestion will be considered. I plan to put as much time as needed into this position. I plan to inform the people of each choice that will be made, the options, and also the consequences of each choice. Detailed lists of technologies, and research routes will be provided for your and my benefit.

At times, if the people wish, I would gladly compose "plans" ( such as lain.....ect) to aid the people in making their choice.

I plan to finish the wars we are constantly fighting, swiftly, and decisively in our favour. This can be achieved using superior our military units to our advantage.

I strongly believe in tech trading to benefit our nation. If I were playing this game by myself, I would research the "building techs" (for example: democracy, music theory...ect) the using our superior government (and therefore superior income) to purchase the other techs from our neighbours. But again, its your choice that counts, not mine.

REASONS YOU SHOULD VOTE FOR ME

-I have been around for a while, and have witnessed allot of good (and some bad )

-I have a good relationship with the other ministers, and plan to use that to our nations advantage. By working with them, and listening to you, (the people) our nation can be led to glory.

-I will put the benefit of our nation before my personal benefit.

-I have already run, and lost an election. But I have continued to stay active in the community.

-I will listen to all suggestions, and carefully consider them.

-I will always get the peoples consent before giving an order.

If there are any questions/ concerns, just post them here, or pm me if you want.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by trickey; September 7, 2002, 21:46.

Comment

at the moment, trickey looks like a great candidate. (dont underestimate someone who lost a previous election. they are still good people. not that im biased in this regard at all. )

i have a question. what are your views on parties and party politics? your an independent right?

Comment

Thanks for the compliment and the question Jdd2007.

Hmm, lets see.

I personally don’t mind parties at all. But as long as they serve as a place where people with common views gather to share ideas of how to make the world a better place.

What really bothers me, is when parties start trying to dictate to people the way they should think, and who they should vote for.

I really don’t like people trying to tell me to support someone just so we can have more of such and such group in the office than another group. Parties should be a place to gather to figure out how the best way to improve our nation, not how to make sure someone gets elected. So I guess I dont like party politics to much, do I?

Hope that answers your question.

Thanks,

Trickey

EDIT: Ooops, forgot your second question. Yes, im independant.
        Last edited by trickey; September 7, 2002, 21:53.

Comment

My basic mission as Minister of Science would be to make Science a public issue that is debated as seriously and understood as well as any war. In the not so distant future, Apolytonia will have to stop relying on buying and bullyling techs out of the AI. At that point, the Minister of Science will become a critical posting that will make all the difference in the stance of of Apolytonia.

While I do not believe that this event will occur this coming term, it is my objective to prepare the Ministry and the public for it. To this end, I will increase public awareness and interest in the technolgical course this nation is plotting through continuing Apoc's work and taking it to the next level.

It will be my mission to expand Area 25s (hah! i got it right the first time ) role to include examinations of current issues, such as wars, discovery of new civiliztions, and other generally important stuff, in a new light. In order to do this, several plans (ala Eiri&Lain) will be mapped out at the start of a major event. These plans will be considered as to what effect they would make on the outcome of the conflict or flurry of trading following the discovery of the Lost Civilizations.

As an example, For the coming persian conflict, we can examine what would happen if we dropped everything and got chivialry, dropped everything and got longbowmen, or just take the current plan. Lonbowmen will certainly have a debatable effect. Debate generates interest and importance for scientific growth!

I also intend to poll, though perhaps not as much as my esteemed opponent plans. I will poll enough to gauge the will of the people on science paths to take, and plan to inspire debate in new ways about these. I certainly plan to poll on whether certain tech trades are in the publics interest before submitting those trades for consideration by the FM.

Thanks for your time, you must be a dedicated voter to read and consider both these posts .
          "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
          Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

Jdd, as you are probably aware, I'm one of the people leading the resurrection of parties. I'm being considered as the new President of the DIA.

On the other hand, I think that the parties' role should be to facilitate the government, not to divide it. I vehemently disagree with anyone who disagrees with an idea because it is the other party's idea.

Really, though I am prominently DIA, I consider debate and discussion on it's overall benefit to the nation. Matter of fact, I've stated that pressing our advantage with Persia would be just that: to our advantage. At least we would grab Theology, and that is a goal laudable by the DIA.

On parties, I respect independents and their method. Really, if you're not a roleplayer, you're not all that great with parties anyway. I happen to be a roleplayer, thus my interest in playing the part of a party member. (and i'm a builder ingame)

If parties should hold any place in elections it is simply this, to make sure all the posts are filled and none empty, and to make the Presidential race an interesting roleplaying experience (if that is desired by the candidates)

So, in a kinda cryptic and vague way, I'm going to simply say I'm for Parties, and against Party politics.
            "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"

Comment

I posted a new Area 25 thread. It will be a kind of test to see how these candidates too. Other people should give input to in order to see how these two use that input for the good of the civilization.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                I posted a new Area 25 thread. It will be a kind of test to see how these candidates too. Other people should give input to in order to see how these two use that input for the good of the civilization.
                Nice idea Apoc.

Let's grill us some canidates .

-- adaMada
                Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Good apoc.

Testing

If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

No **** Sherlock.
                    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Statistics: 30 B.C. :

Apolyton and Banana HQ are no longer the only cities with scientific output, as they are joined by Termina and Tassagrad. They each put out a measly 1 per turn. This is an alarming trend and a bad note for the scientific community.

3. The science output is ATROCIOUS. Something must be done.
                      Yeah, it's obvious that we need to start laying the foundations for a switchover from buying techs to researching techs soon. It need's to be considered seriously, starting next turnchat. That's what I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by Thud
                        Statistics: 30 B.C. :

Yeah, it's obvious that we need to start laying the foundations for a switchover from buying techs to researching techs soon. It need's to be considered seriously, starting next turnchat. That's what I promise.
                        Thud,
                        I'm in total agreement here.

Do you have any plans to accomplish this, however?

Remember, you'll be lobbying the City Planner to build Scientific Improvements and the Public Works minister to improve land that will lead to more gold (as gold affects Science Output).

In this, you'll be competing with the SMC (who wants units built), the Foreign Minister (who'd rather use the money for other things than rushing the improvements you'll want), and every other minister who'd like something built. Tough job . Any suggestions as to plans for this? How about a proposal from either or both of the canidates as to any way to utilize Uber Isle?

I know I'm being rough on both canidates, but I'm trying to push both of the canidates to get them ready for the position. (Apoc is as well). I'd hope that, no matter who wins, the other will consider staying in the Department as a Deupty (if the elected Science Minister can find work for them to do, which might be a challange -- actually, there probably could be a deputy for lobbying and interacting with the other departments for Science related causes while the Minister worked on plans, or vice versa) and running again next term, as we seem to have two very capable canidates who both have excellent ideas. If there's no room in the Science department for whichever of you looses the election, then I'd be thrilled if you apply for a deputyship in another department, and if you have trouble finding one on your own I might have an idea or two.

-- adaMada
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

They better think twice about screwing with the SMC. By going the path of Theology/Education I promised to make sure we have a good defensive counterstrike force. Otherwise we would have gone for Chivalry.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                            They better think twice about screwing with the SMC. By going the path of Theology/Education I promised to make sure we have a good defensive counterstrike force. Otherwise we would have gone for Chivalry.
                            Oh yes, of course. You have to do all of the above without impeding the SMC (who Apoc has sold his soul to to get his deal through ), the FAM (who you'll sell your soul to after you realize how much you need the tech trades that only he can provide... ), the City Planner (who you'll be lobbying in the first place and won't want to be getting on the nerves of) and all those other ministers who can screw you over.

All things considered, this job isn't sounding all that good anymore, is it ?

-- adaMada
                            Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Working...
                            X