What Shall We Bring to our Island?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Shall We Bring to our Island?

Say - you're going to an uninhabited island, and you could bring one thing along. What would it be ..?

Stupid question, of course. A Banana.

Well, we're in a similar situation with UberIsle. We'll soon have a city out there, that may or may not need resources from Abananaba. What will it be (if any) ?

Note that units are in no risk of sinking into the sea. We can do the island-hop move again: move a full Galley from Abananaba (A) out two tiles, move the Island Galley (B) out one tile, move the units from A to B, and move B back to safe waters. Galley A will risk sinking, though. But it's easier to replace it on the mainland side.

My suggestions to take with us:

* A defensive unit or two. Barbarians are bound to notice our new city.

* A new shipment of Settler+unit. We have the opportunity to found a new city not so far from our Capitol.

* Luxuries, to keep UberIsle City's population happy. For this, we need a port (no Galleys needed).

* A worker. This way, the city does not need to supply one itself, ensuring maximum population growth. We can also start sooner on road improvements, thus increasing commerce.

* Also, bananas will have to be imported.

Any other thoughts ..?
    Greatest moments in cat:

Is there a picture of the isle?
    Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

Yes. *click here *
      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

I saw it now ;-)
        Just read thread top down not bottom up (i should change this habit).
        I would propose getting a total of 3 settlers+3 workers+3spearmen there, then building a harbor (rush?) in the northernmost city and connecting the 2 other cities with roads to that one.
        After that, the island could be left alone to support itself.

A fast settlement of this isle will be necessary, as the ai will soon learn where it is and will propably start settlement itself, which will lead to a preventable war in the future (2 front war).
        Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

I agree that UberIsle must fall within our cultural borders ASAP, so the AI will have less tendency to send out settler stacks or (offensive) units.
          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

hi ,

we should put some defensive units there and workers , ....

we can also use the foreign captured workers to join those cities , ....

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

We take 1 (one) defensive unit and at least one, maybe two settlers, possibly a worker. Any other units needed can be produced there.
              Diderot was right!
              Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
              Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

I find that 2 settlers and 2 workers (only 2 more trips) will be enough.
                All the other stuff can be produced in the island, since the corruption will be low and the workers will help building mines to increase the production in the cities.

[]'s
                Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Comment

I advocate utter domination of the island, as if we were to place the FP or jump the Palace there it would provide an excellent center for science and culture production without having to worry as much about AI sneak attacks (they'd have to come over in boats) and no illegal immigrants from ROPs like those Persians.

Comment

We will have some kind of barbarian explosion soon, so I think we need to settle two more cities and send to the isle a strong garrison, something about four/five units. Not to mention two/three workers. This means two or three new galleys (50% chances of sink). But can we do that? How is our productive capacity right now?

@zeh: E aí, cara? Tudo bem? É bom ver outro brazuca por aqui.
                    RIAA sucks
                    The Optimistas
                    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

I think we should get 2 settlers, 2 defensive units and a faster explorer unit over there. When the 2 cities are build and connected with roads we should build/rush a harbor to bring bananas and other luxuries to Uber Isle.

If we have a worker with nothing to do we could send it to the island too.
                      Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Hagbart, this sounds possible. Maybe one deffensive unit more?
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas
                        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Maybe we could send some War Chariots over there.

They would explore fast and could be considered moth balled until we're ready for our GA.

Comment

i mean... we wanna take as much over there as we can.
                            to be reasonable, MINUMUM two settlers, MINIMUM two spearmen.

i think the biggest question is how much funds to allot to the island's development. i suggest that whoever is the administrator of the island begin entreating the government for money.
                            Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                            Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                            Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                            Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

hi ,

one military unit to explore and kill others that try to land , ....

two units to defend the cities , ...

two settlers at least , ....

depending on the size we need more of them , ...

two workers at least , ....

preferably more , ...

one naval unit to explore the seas around , it should have a settler and military unit , in case we find a great spot , ....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X