Which city site on UberIsle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which city site on UberIsle?

We have a choice on where to found a new city.

a) On the hill with the gold
    b) SW of the hill
    c) other

EDIT:
    a) has cattle and gold resources
    b) has cattle and gold, and a whale resource in the long run

EDIT: The b) site will produce the most food in the long run, so I think b) is better, since then we can also mine the hill for better production.

Any thoughts ..?

A map can be found here
    Last edited by BigFurryMonster; September 5, 2002, 08:25.
    Greatest moments in cat:

how much will the corruption differ between
    a), b) and c)=NW of the hill
    ?
    would it make sense to get nearer to the capitol to reduce corruption and with that gain more production on the island itself?
    Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

B.
      Gives the most land and the whale

The hill site excludes the whale.

Corruption cannot be a part of this decision.
      So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

Re: Which city site on UberIsle?

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
        The a) site will produce the most food in the long run, but I think b) is better, since then we can mine the hill for better production.
        b) produces the most food in the long run as it has a sea with a whale and a) simply has a sea and b) is better for production.

b) locates the city on a plains tile while a) locates the city on a hill tile.

Comment

I used to think a) was better but now I've decided b) makes the most sense.
          Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
          Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
          Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
          Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Re: Re: Which city site on UberIsle?

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

b) produces the most food in the long run as it has a sea with a whale
            You are correct. My mistake. I'll edit the first post.
            Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Vote for B
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Sorry BigFurryMonster, but this poll does NOT have official approval, if you want to set up a poll of this kind, please PM me, I am online everyday, this is not the way to go about it. If you wanted to become involved you could have expressed a wish to become deputy (notice the past tense). Also note that everyone had said B, precisely the site which has already been chosen by popular demand.

Now, I must apologise for what I have just said, it is very harsh and you have every right as a citizen to publish such a poll. I am sorry about my outburst, and you have an offer to be deputy if you want to (there isn’t much left of the current term!).
                A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
                A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

Again, it is very harsh and I am sorry (but I am going to keep the original text so people can see how nasty I am )
                  A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
                  A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

It is not a Poll. It is a Question. It gets people to think about things. Then, they get me to think about things.

Maybe I'll become a Deputy in another term, thanks.
                    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Southwest of the hill does look the best.
                      For your photo needs:
                      http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

A city SW of The Golden Hills with a rush bought Grainery, should be able to produce a settler every ten turns. In twenty five turns, we should have four cities, at least one more settler with one city making defensive units. Four cities covers alot of ground.
                        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

B. It gets both the northernmost grassland and the whale in the long run AND it starts with the cow.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

B, SW of the hill. If we settle on the hill we can't mine it, plus the cattle is important for early growth (we need to populate the island and send out new settlers and workers).
                            Btw, the two (A and B) should be almost identical corruption-wise.
                            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                            X