Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be the next (AI) Abananaba Super Power?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Russia, Rome or even Babylon. Germany and Persia already have it. Both Russia and Rome can go through Greek territory. The French might even be brought in.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
      And this practically proves the wervdon point.
      Not necessarily, the Chinese and Indians are more scientifically inclined than the Japanese. It's possible that the reason they haven't built wonders is because they are still building cities or are located in flood plains or grassland. I've played many games where a civ was more technologically advanced but had huge cities in floodplains and rivers with very little production.

Comment

The Greeks have played well, but their momentum shoudl slow soon. They've had their golden age, and their UU has lost its advantage (with pikemen on the scene, and knights soon to come). (Newcastle, I assume, will flip soon -- if not back to the English, then to the Germans.)
        Rome looks potent, poised for domination on Abananaba Minor, but they don't seemt to be taking advantage of their formidable era advantages (golden age, and a fearfully effective UU) to consolidate territory down in their region. They should have taken out the Babs first. (Typically weird AI priorities.)
        The Aztecs look way underbuilt to me, and they will always be hampered by the location of their capital. Looks like they, too, failed to fully exploit their UU/golden opportunity.
        I still say the Germans look likely to be very dangerous.
        aka, Unique Unit
        Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

Originally posted by Robber Baron
          The Aztecs look way underbuilt to me, and they will always be hampered by the location of their capital. Looks like they, too, failed to fully exploit their UU/golden opportunity.
          I'm wondering if the Aztecs have been working on Wonders............

Comment

The Aztecs or Germans becoming a continental power depends on if one "wins" their war with the other or if they come to a stalemate. Their combined territories would be pretty powerful, but as they are now, I think they'll always be 2nd fiddle to us and the greeks in the immediate region.

Comment

Its funny how they could defeat the other, if they were a super-power, but in order to become a super-power, they have to defeat the other. Not a very good example of a catch 22 I'm afraid. However, wervdon is right on the mark how either the Germans or Aztecs could pull ahead if they could knock their neighbor off.
              2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
              Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

Ghengis- by pressing the f7 (IIRC) key you can see who is trying to build what wonder where. It also lets you see what wonders are already built and what city they are in.
                Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

That only works for civilizations that you know about, if we haven't met them yet that doesn't work.

Comment

oohh.... Didn't know that. On the other hand, Ghengis was wondering about the Aztecs, whom we have met.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Oh, i see. Makes sense. Last I checked, they weren't making one, but I haven't checked in a while. BTW, who is building the Sistie Chapel now? THAT is a wonder I would like. Should we get a leader, I say we build that, and screw the FP. Doubling the value of Cathedrals is a must on Emperor.

Comment

Originally posted by donegeal
                        Ghengis- by pressing the f7 (IIRC) key you can see who is trying to build what wonder where. It also lets you see what wonders are already built and what city they are in.
                        Sure enough the Aztecs have been building THREE wonders, they finished the Lighthouse and are ??? somewhere on the Sun Tzu and the Hanging Gardens.

Comment

So - someone in the world had been to Kyoto! I say we find this guy and sail over to their lands.

How is the City Top-5 order calculated, anyway? Sometimes, I see fairly small cities in it.
                          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Working...
                          X