Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Jungle Gazette: Volume XIV

The Jungle Gazette

Your light in the Jungle- September 4th, 130 B.C.

The War with Germany is Over!

In a dramatic move the war with Germany, so shocking because of its suddenness, is now over. The Germans have signed a peace treaty with President MisterWhereItsAt, one that is very kind to Apolytonia, involving gold payments to our nation. The turning point of the war, which had looked grim thanks to the sudden appearance of German swordsmen near Napoletion, was the Destruction of Munich. Our victorious armies destroyed the German troops guarding the town, burning it down in the process. Apparently the Germans, despite their tough talk, couldn't stomach a tough fight, and threw in the towel. This is a great day in our Nation's history.

The remains the ever present threat of the Persian however, who have, up to this point, presented little danger to Apolytonia. The Banana has seen fit to deny them access to Iron and thus control of their dreaded Immortals, and thus our armies shall vanquish them. The army, headed by acting SMC Aggie, shall soon launch an attack upon the Persian cities of Tyre and Sidon, hopefully forcing the Persians to bargaining table with terms more generous than the ones they offer now, which the President rejected out of hand.

Apolytonia Celebrates New Form of Government!

Citizens across the nation took to the streets to celebrate the news that our leader, MWIA, has instituted a Monarch across the whole of our nation. Now we are a Kingdom, which means that instead of all decisions being made in Apolytonia, regional nobles will make local decisions. The results expected include lower corruption and an increased access to resources. Also, instead of forcing citizens to perform hard labor, the government will now pay them. The Kingdom of Apoltonia has a bright future!

Uber Isle is Really Uber Island! Famous Island off our Coast is Finally Being Explored!

Our intrepid explorers have sailed to the island off the coast of mainland Apolytonia, the one discovered by SMC UberKrux, and have found it to be a large island which has yet to be fully uncovered. Already settlers have landed and intend to create a city, making history as Apolytonia's first non-continental city. Already plans are being drawn up to fully explore the island and colonize it before our rivals can reach it. If all goes well, several thriving cities will emerge close to our empire, closing the seas to our enemies and opening the world to us. For a map of the island just click here.

New Embassy Opened in Aztec Capital!

A new embassy has been opened by the Foreign Affairs office in Tenochtitlan, the capital of the Aztec Empire. This event offered our observers the opportunity to explore the city and record important details on it. Any seeking a detailed view of the city just click here.
    Last edited by Donal Graeme; September 6, 2002, 00:23.
    2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
    Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

im confused, i thought we already had an issue XIV
    Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
    Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
    Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
    Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Nope, I checked again, just to be sure, and I didn't make the same mistake I made with the first issue of the Gazette I made.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Comment

Shame on you
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Two Volume XIV's?

This one and August 31?

Do they come in pairs?

Comment

Well this is all pleasing news, with the war with Germany ending, and new territory to settle.

We seem to be holding our own.
            "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
            --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

D'oh!

I checked in the Jungle Gazette Archive, and the latest edition that I saw was Volume 13...

Rats!

edit: *Crash*
              "Oops, I did it again..."

Comment

Originally posted by Donal Graeme
                D'oh!

I checked in the Jungle Gazette Archive, and the latest edition that I saw was Volume 13...

Rats!
                Eh, don't worry about it much... good edition of the paper, and that's what counts .

-- adaMada
                Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Yes, and it’s plenty of good news. It's very rare, in the news business.

Good job, Donal!
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Thanks. I do appreciate all the work you have done. Keep it up.
                    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Oops..let me update that. Don't rely on it as accurate.

My apologies. So much time so little to do.

D'oh!

Rats!

Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

D'oh!

Rats!

No problem, your only human.

It wouldn't be all that funny if it wasn't for.......
                        Originally posted by Reddawg
                        im confused, i thought we already had an issue XIV
                        and.......
                        Nope, I checked again, just to be sure, and I didn't make the same mistake I made with the first issue of the Gazette I made.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

Comment

Beh. That first one was MY mistake. I told you what number to use on wed or so, but SOMEONE left the planet and didn't make an issue that week...
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

excellent work, i am using the gazette more and more as school wears on. on another note, im running for science minister. i am %100 confident that i will be active enough for the ministry.

Comment

Thanks Donal
                              I lost track for a week, and this issue really helps me
                              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
                              X