No announcement yet.

DIA Policy Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree, We should spend none if limited amount of our precious resource on american campaign as possible. and our territory does seem abit stretched out.
    :-p

Comment

This is my notification in this thread (as opposed to that in the "DIA Renewal" thread) that I'd like to join DIA.

I'm brand new to C3DG as well.

I've been keeping busy (for now) on reading all those old jungle gazettes and looking at old statistics and maps, etc....

I figure I should be up to speed in enough in a bit to start contributing. Until then, I'll mostly remain a lurker ;-).

Thanks.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

welcome Arnelos... I am quite new to C3DG as well so maybe we can rely on each other to ask ourselves stupid questions and not feel alone...

anyway I wanna bring attention to the Persia Has Iron thread.... Seems like our warmongers have stumbled on unexpected difficulties. While my faith in our military might remains still that we can defeat persia, This is just gonna make our expsnsive war campaign even worse. And we know for sure that Persian military has the pikemen... which is gonna be a nusiance for our knights. Anyway, we have to think about limiting our cost on this war, and if it comes to the worst case, we should have a alternative plan for sueing peace with Persia whiles terms are good toward us and resume the war at indefinte time. Persian empire is lot smaller than ours but they still have 4 strong cities with great luxuries. Well let's just hope we don't get to that point. I'm sure we won't tho.. but I guess I'm bit of a pessimist.
        :-p

Comment

I think I'll stay an indepedant for now. (I just advocated responding to the threat of Iron by building more Knights in leiu of improvements.)

I share the same long run goal of a peaceful space race victory, but think that the taking the Persian heartland and America would be a faster path to doing so from the situation we are currently in.

When we start getting more overrun results in the Persian heartland, then we can afford to build more culture improvements.

America should be weak enough to where the forces used against Persia can be sent directly there (if the Aztecs don't wipe the Americans out first.)

As for the other Civs on the mainland: I'm not interested in a campaign with them their either too far away and/or take too long to conquer for the benifits.

(I think we can aquire that French city via cultural assimiliation)
          1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
          Templar Science Minister
          AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by panag
            hi ,

, why on earth do we have to post of site , to talk about this site , and what we do here , ......

have a nice day
            Panag,

The DIA, for some reason feels the need to remain secretive. This is nothing new, it was just done in the form of massive PM's during the time when Timeline ran the show. Throughout their history, their leaders have maintained a secret communication with their members.

/begin roleplay/

Perhaps the new members and leaders would care to share their views in an open, honest, and fun forum? PLEASE make your opinion know on this topic, DIA members:

Many independants and FORMER DIA members are VERY interested in seeing this come to pass.

Is it that the DIA, the self proclaimed "intelligent" party fears open discussion with the "mindless Grunts" of the Hawks!?!? Or do you just wish to keep your views in secret amongst yourselves?
            /end roleplay/
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I suggest some of us sign up to this;

It sounds the sort of thing we really should be into.

Sean.
              "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
              --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

/me points out I suggested this to the DIA several thousand years ago and several times since and grew tired of their inaction so made it myself.

[roleplay]

Why is it that each time I deal with the DIA I am met with nothing but a group that wants to TALK big, but lacks the couage to actually DO anything?!

Look, they even left it to a HAWK to go and create a usefull organization for the discussion of actual BUILDING!!!

Now, perhaps if a few of them would respond to my above thread, I would then be able to procede WITH them instead of leaving them with no voice in a group being designed for debating issues. I WILL continue that group with or without the DIA. Do you really want to be left with no voice to reach the people?[/roleplay]
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                  * UnOrthOdOx points out I suggested this to the DIA several thousand years ago and several times since and grew tired of their inaction so made it myself.

[roleplay]

Why is it that each time I deal with the DIA I am met with nothing but a group that wants to TALK big, but lacks the couage to actually DO anything?!

Look, they even left it to a HAWK to go and create a usefull organization for the discussion of actual BUILDING!!!

Now, perhaps if a few of them would respond to my above thread, I would then be able to procede WITH them instead of leaving them with no voice in a group being designed for debating issues. I WILL continue that group with or without the DIA. Do you really want to be left with no voice to reach the people?[/roleplay]
                  You will note that there are DIA members already there
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

[roleplay]
                    I am not disputing that DIA members are more than HAPPY to follow along. Did THEY CREATE this when I suggested it both in private and in public several thousand years (several months) ago? NO. I was told BY DIA LEADERS that such a thing had no use. That there was no strategy to building.

Now, suddenly when I go and make one for myself, the DIA ONCE AGAIN changes their view on the topic at hand.

And there are still no DIA at the discussion thread I laid out several posts above.[/roleplay]
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I am disappointed that this is the case Unorthodox. This sort of thing is just what the DIA should of been falling over themselves to create. The DIA certainly needs to be far more pro-active with its designs.

Sean.
                      "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                      --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
                      X