Another mapwhoring project?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another mapwhoring project?

It's that time again! In fact, this is the best time to do another mapwhoring project, now that we've got a lot of new map information (after thoroughly "exploring" eastern France, now western Apolytonia ) and that we're about to set sail to Uber Island (I think there's a concensus not to reveal the location of Uber Isle until we have a strong hold of the island).
    I will bring before you all the information I collected and then present my plan:

Nations without money that are willing to sell their WM for our TM: Aztecs, Iroquois, France, Russia, Babylon. Nations without money that are willing to sell their WM for our WM: England.
    Nations that are willing to pay for our WM: Rome - 5g + WM, Greece - 6g + WM, America - 10g + WM.
    I'm afraid we can't do business with Germany and Persia because we're still at war. I would have waited until we've made peace with those nations to see what they can offer us but since we're about to begin exploration and colonization of Uber Isle and we don't want to reveal that information, we have to act now.
    Now for my plan:

Sell Aztecs our TM for their WM.
    Sell Iroquois our TM for their WM.
    Sell France our TM for their WM.
    Sell Russia our TM for their WM.
    Sell Babylon our TM for their WM.
    Sell England our WM for their WM (check if they might settle for just our TM).
    Sell Rome our WM for as much as possible.
    Sell Greece our WM for as much as possible.
    Sell America our WM for as much as possible.
    Estimated revenues: 24 - 28 gold.

Yes, I know that's not as good as the last mapwhoring project (which earned us more than 100 gold for just trading maps! ) but it's the best we can do right now.

Please share your thoughts and ideas.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

We need to do this now because once we are on Uber Isle we can not reveal our map.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Good idea. As the turn is about to end, do you suggest we do this prior to or after this turn....

Does that make sence?
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Interesting question GodKing.
        I say do this next turn (some of the nations that are currently broke will have some money to pay for our maps next turn), but before we start moving the galleys.
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I concure. It would be best if some more money was involved (comming our way of course).
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
            Good idea. As the turn is about to end, do you suggest we do this prior to or after this turn....

Does that make sence?
            hi ,

indeed , otherwise its going to be a crowded place , ...

instead , ones we are there , we should get their WM , true war , or true trade , ...

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

As soon as the galley sets out, we can't do it.

Comment

I's say do it next turn.
                Aggie
                The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Have we seen Uber Isle yet?

If not, let's do it.

If so, then let's not .

I wish I had something long and brillent to say here, but my stance is that simple -- money = good. Others knowing about Uber Isle = worse.

-- adaMada
                  Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                  PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                  Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I think it doesn't matter if we reveal UberIsle first or not. The AI "knows" the map beforehand, anyway. The fact that they are willing to trade for maps at all is built-in.
                    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

They won't settle until they have seen it on their map, even if they "know" about it. This is also built in.

Comment

No. We cannot (and will not) be trading our World Map after Uber Isle.

As skywalker said, the AI is programmed to not be able to settle anyplace they don't know about -- if we trade our WM and they see it, however, they'll rush to try and colonize it if they're able. Should it prove to be a nice piece of land, we may well find ourselves sharing it because we wanted a few more gold. Also, if any of the other Civs are located there (not likely, but possible) we can make a fourtine trading between the two continents -- by even allowing the AI to know about Uber Isle before we're done with it may lead to them finding the other Civ.

Having said all of that , we can still do TM trades until we have a city on Uber Isle...

-- adaMada
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

The idea is to conduct the project next turn (so the nations that are currently broke will have a chance to gain some money) but before we move our galleys so we don't reveal the existence of Uber Isle.
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                            I think it doesn't matter if we reveal UberIsle first or not. The AI "knows" the map beforehand, anyway. The fact that they are willing to trade for maps at all is built-in.
                            hi ,

the AI may know the map , but he does not know where the cities are , ..... or the roads , ....

that is why we should not give the map , ..... (!)

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Ok.

Then let's do it .

-- adaMada
                              Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

Working...
                              X