Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First uses of paid labor (money-rushing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OPD
    *OPD updates ignore list*
    I'm not really what that's supposed to mean, lol. I wouldn't exactly call this a flame war or anything...

Anyway, back on topic...

I think that arguing anymore over this is probably a waste of time. The best thing to do is to see what happens as it happens -- I agree with Shiber's original post, but we've had another good ten posts just on what's best to build -- Barracks, Walls, or Units.

Clearly, every situation will be different. If we have five Pikemen in a city about to be attacked by Eight Knights, then we'd probably be best served by either building a Barracks (to quickly repair units) or Walls (to increase the chances of our units winning). On the other hand, if we have a stack of two archers approching a city defended by a single Spearman, then we clearly need another unit. If our units are a generation behind theirs, then we should probably build Walls, so the defense value is closer to the attacker's attack valuel. Every situation is different -- why don't we just agree to discuss it when the time comes and that our SMC and City Planner (and Deupties ) will make good decisions at that time. After all, it's impossible to predict a given situation now. Let's just see where the game takes us .

-- adaMada
    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Exactly.
      I was rather taken by surprise when this thread, which I started so we could discuss the use of paid labor which we will soon be able to use for the first time in this game, turned into a rather heated debate about defensive measures.
      I wanted to raise the awareness of officials (city planners in particular) to all the new options and opportunities opened by paid labor and instead I got this argument, which pretty much overshadows the original intent of this thread and the points raised in the first post.
      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I don't think this is really a heated debate.
        Overall I'd say one vet is worth 2 regulars.

(BTW Adam not you)
        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Working...
        X