URGENT: Contradiction in Ministers' orders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: Contradiction in Ministers' orders

OK, I'm throwing this out 'cause someone may know and Spiffor and Togas may not be around before I do the turns tomorrow (my time).

In the Turnthread orders for 290 BC thread is written this:

Originally posted by Spiffor

If possible during the turnthread, sell dyes to the Greeks, for lump sum if possible (Lytons per turn can do fine too). It should be impossible to buy luxuries from anyone.
    Then, in the Official Minister Thread: 5 Turn Plan (topped), Togas wrote this

Originally posted by Togas
    Foreign Ministry Orders circa 290 BC:

No sales, trades, or purchases at this time.
    To trade or not to trade? Assuming it is possible, that is.

Please help your President. My headache is getting worse.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

I estimate it will not be possible to trade our dyes to the Greek during the next 5 turns anyway because their road to Mycenae is not finished yet, nor do I think it is likely that they will finish digging it in less than 5 turns.
    Still it is necessary to resolve this contradiction in case I am proven to be wrong.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I would say do the trade if it presents itself....

However, this is far from the city planning, I doubt the greeks will connect themselves to us, and I have no real information on which should take precidence in a "legal and fair" mannor. So go with your judgement if it becomes an issue. I doubt it will.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Officially, the MOE, Spiffor, has control over GPT and Commodities.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
          Officially, the MOE, Spiffor, has control over GPT and Commodities.
          I get a say in most trades ... tech, maps, cities, etc. But Spiffor does the resource only exchanges. It's odd, but that's how they worded it in the CoL.

If a trade were possible, I would happily approve it. My hope is that we can use our dyes and other resources to trade for technology once our trade network is linked.

--Togas
          Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
          Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
          Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
          Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

I believe the situation is resolved. Although I think Togas' intent was to avoid any tangling agreements until it was determined the direction we were heading, not necessarily avoid making money without tangling agreements.

Comment

Thanks. I consider this cleared up.

El Presidente
              MrWIA
              Consul.

Comment

Summary of the contradictory orders affair (translated from the diplomatic language used in the government offices to basic English):

The President : There is a contradiction between orders given by the acting Minister of Economy and the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

First Advisor : It is physically impossible that the event causing the contradiction happens during the next five turns.

City Planner : Act as you like. Anyway its not my business, and I don’t know anything about the problem.

The Vice-President : There is no contradiction, just an excess of power of the Minister of Foreign Affairs.

The Minister of Foreign Affairs : My official powers have been stupidly restricted, and I fear some wrong moves made by the acting Minister of Economy.

Second Advisor : I believe the situation is resolved. Although …

The President : I will act as if this were cleared up.

Statistical anomaly.
                The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Ah, but that is not quite it. In my need to find a solution to this that meant I could always pass the buck if challenged (as all Presidents should be able to do), although I read all of Togas' post, I could have claimed that all I read was this...
                  Originally posted by Togas

bla bla bla bla bla blaa blaaa ... bla, bla, bla, etc. But Spiffor bla bla bla bla bla. bla bla, bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla CoL.

If a trade were possible, I would happily approve it. bla bla bla bla we can .... trade bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.

--Togas
                  Thus the matter is resolved.
                  Consul.

Comment

Funny thread .

Actually, that reminds me, I really should open up the savegame and check out one or two things...

-- adaMada
                    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Originally posted by adaMada

Funny thread .

Actually, that reminds me, I really should open up the savegame and check out one or two things...

-- adaMada
                      hi ,

that can always be usefull , ....

lets hope that with PTW we get a better overview , ...

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                      X