Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Open question to the public.

Just doing some maintanance on the directory and came up with a question:

How long should an outdated discussion be kept up in there? Some of the discussion threads link to such things as the map whoring project, or troop movements that have already transpired. Do you want those archived, or just the current stuff in there?
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Evenemential could be droped, controversial could be kept.
    IMVHO.
    Statistical anomaly.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

Let the crap fall by. Chances are if it was important enough for someone to place a vote on the issue, the vote thread has a link in it to the discussion(s). Therefor if someone was desperate for some unknown reason to find something, they could go that route. I doubt you need to keep such mundaine items in the directory.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Stuff that's no longer relevant (troop movements and trades that can't be done anymore or have already been done) should go, with the exception of controversial discussions which could be kept for a few more days before dropped.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Anything that has been implemented already should not be there.

Comment

I agree with Shiber and Sky: any discussions that are game related and no longer relevant can be allowed to drop away. Constitutional debates, debates on long term policy, ethical debates so forth, which have no expiration date, should be kept linked.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

The ethical debates are in there?! Those died a looooooong time ago.

Comment

That thread is not, but anything new that arises, and any ammendment debates can be found in there. You should have a look if for nothing more than a passing interes.
                One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I vote; Let them fall by the wayside.
                  "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
                  --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Just let em go.
                    There will be new ones to put up there eventually.
                    So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

OK, OK. I will let the old order threads die, and discussions on moves that have already transpired. I will leave discussions such as the proper use of ROP, or other GENERAL topic discussions in there for future reference.
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                      X