What to do with the archers stack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shiber
    If we eventually attack Rheims then we should do it after we attack Marseilles, otherwise the capital might change to Marseilles.
    I think that's pretty much a given.

Uh, it is isn't it?

Please don't tell me we're going to try to sack three French capitals in a row. I now UnOrthy has a grudge to settle but sheesh!

French Secretary of the Ministry- " Lady Joan, we must mo........."

Joan of Arc-"I know, LeFrogge. We must move the capital. Fortunately, after the third move we installed everything on wheels..............."

Comment

"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Aggie: I've got two minor suggestions. I know they're obvious but I just want to make sure you put them into your orders in case you forgot to:
        1. Once the spearman gets into position south of Rheims it should fortify.
        2. Not all four archers can move to Rheims this turn. One has exhausted its movement points when it took Orleans. I suggest that the archers stack waits an additional turn for this archer to arrive so that they can attack with full might (with 4 archers instead of just 3).
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Would you consider waiting 1-3 turns to set orleans into order? I understand that with archers it is best to move fast, but orleans is in disorder and without some units spending 1-3 turns it will stay as such.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

We're already leaving a spearman (the wounded one) and the archer that's already there as garrisons. I'm afraid we can't spare any more units if we want to capture Rheims.
            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I understand. Just wishfull thinking. I want everything, and I want it now.....

(can you tell I am an American, single white male???)
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

god king as metioned by Shiber i will wait a turn before moving the army anywhere. So I will move the army into aorleans. Hoipefully the presense of 4 offinsive units will do the job in one turn. I will leave an archer there regardless. Also upon review I decided if we don't move n immediately we will move S since chartes is in the jungle it is a harder target. I want an easy target since this attack is an extra optional attack. Ofcourse rohen could pop rush making the whole attack useless anyway. Since my order are to only attack if the city can be taken and a size 1 city w/o culture can' be.
                Aggie.
                The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Thanks aggie. That should work great.

Comment

Working...
                  X