$mini-game Bakery proposal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $mini-game Bakery proposal

If you are not a current player in the $mini-game then please do not vote in this poll

As a first result of the discussion in this thread it is suggested to add a building to the existing list. Main reasons are:
    1. To solve the lack of demand
    2. To add the possibility to convert food in another commodity adding an extra level to the player's possibilities.

This poll will run until August 27 9.00 hours (GMT time) or until more than 50% of the current players has voted for one of the two options provided.

The specifications of the proposed building are:

Bakery (cost: 20 shields/labor) converts 2 food into 1 bread
    The default price of bread is $150.
    Bread can not be stored.
    Demand of bread is "50% of the population of the city the bakery is build in".
    Supply of bread is "50% of the population of the city the bakery is build in".
    Market assessment D:S = 100% = $150
    The city a bakery is build in must be specified
    Yes. Let us do something with all that food!
    100.00%
    No. (an explanation is appreciated)
    0.00%
    Franses (like Ramses).

It suppose it will not surprise anybody that I voted yes .
    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

This is beta, so voting no would just be eliminating the point of beta... trying everything!

If we don't like it, we wont keep it.

Will we in the future have factories to convert bread into sliced bread?

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax
        Will we in the future have factories to convert bread into sliced bread?
        Wow, your people are so advanced! In Amercia we just use a knife to slice bread.

Do you use factories to wash your hands also?
        Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 25, 2002, 16:49.

Comment

Re: $mini-game Bakery proposal

Originally posted by Franses

The specifications of the proposed building are:

Bakery (cost: 20 shields/labor) converts 2 food into 1 bread
          The default price of bread is $150.
          Bread can not be stored.
          Demand of bread is "50% of the population of the city the bakery is build in".
          Supply of bread is "50% of the population of the city the bakery is build in".
          Market assessment D:S = 100% = $150
          The city a bakery is build in must be specified
          I suggest it be altered so that it converts up to 2 food into 2 bread (1 food converts to 1 bread.) the price be dropped to 15 shields/labor, and demand/supply be changed to the size of the city, not 50%.

Currently if you had a Bakery in Apolyton the D:S would be 2:2 = $150. You would convert 2 Food (Minimum price on market $44 each for a total of $88) into 1 bread.

That would sell for 2:3 = $100 or a $12 dollar difference after investing 20 shields/labor. If two people had bakeries in Apolyton the D:S would be D:S 2/4 = $75 and the bakery would cause them to LOSE $7 a turn.

Comment

Re: Re: $mini-game Bakery proposal

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
            I suggest it be altered so that it converts up to 2 food into 2 bread (1 food converts to 1 bread.) the price be dropped to 15 shields/labor, and demand/supply be changed to the size of the city, not 50%.

Currently if you had a Bakery in Apolyton the D:S would be 2:2 = $150. You would convert 2 Food (Minimum price on market $44 each for a total of $88) into 1 bread.

That would sell for 2:3 = $100 or a $12 dollar difference after investing 20 shields/labor.
            I totally agree with this part of your analyses. However, I have chosen the current specifications in relation to the other buildings. If we change the specifications of this one we should also change the other ones (see my similar analyses in the poll regarding the other buildings). I would certainly support such a decision.

If two people had bakeries in Apolyton the D:S would be D:S 2/4 = $75 and the bakery would cause them to LOSE $7 a turn.
            Two (or more) people building a bakery in Apolyton resulting in a a loss for both parties (if that is true at all. I am not convinced of this high food price as you know) is no problem but just the fun of the game. Parties may do this speculating that Apolyton would grow (size 6 leads to 6/8 = $113) or just have taken the wrong decision.
            Last edited by Franses; August 26, 2002, 06:59.
            Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Working...
            X