This might seem dumb...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This might seem dumb...

The UFC party is like the Republican party.

The DIA is like the democrat party.
    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

[500-post flame war]

Whoops, forgot to close the tag.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad Antlerkov
      [500-post flame war]

Whoops, forgot to close the tag.
      Clever
      What's my signature going to be when I become a Warlord? Guess and Win!
      I've got the body of a GOD. So what if it's Buddha? ~Cheiftain
      There are only 3 types of people in this world; the ones that can count, and the ones that can't. ~Settler

Comment

In all seriousness, they sort of are and sort of not. In this game, both sides want war -- the question is how much. The DIA is for war in moderation, and building when we can. They see war as a way of furthering our nation just enough to give us an economic or political advantage. The UFC wants to be the biggest military power in the world, with us being in nearly constant wars with everyone. By their reasoning, each war is just a prequel to the next.

Both side have merit (which is why I remain an Independent). They are both valid ways to win a Civ 3 game, and are both represented by infulential and respected leaders.

I'm not sure if I'd call it a straight democratic to republican contrast though... it's really just two different styles of playing the game.

-- adaMada
        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

WHAT you want does not determine your political / moral / any alignment. WHY you do or don't, does.

Ex:

In the US, democrats want to achieve lower drug persciption costs so that seniors can actually live a little longer without burdening their families, and causing years of heart break.
          In the US, republicans want to achieve lower drug persciption costs to try to get the public to shut up.

As you can see....

Comment

right now both parties are dying a slow death anyway

well about the comparison, politics in RL, are nothing like in todays world. they are much more similar to Ancient times. i think the only parallel between the Demos-GOP and UFC-DIA is that the UFC/Republicans are farther to the right, and the DIA/Democrats are farther to the center

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax
              WHAT you want does not determine your political / moral / any alignment. WHY you do or don't, does.

Ex:

In the US, democrats want to achieve lower drug persciption costs so that seniors can actually live a little longer without burdening their families, and causing years of heart break.
              In the US, republicans want to achieve lower drug persciption costs to try to get the public to shut up.

As you can see....

Was trying not to get political (I DON'T want to get into an OT flame war), but that's funny.

-- adaMada
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:
              PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
              Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Where are the Greens and the Libertarians and Ross Perot?
                If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

Perot is playing the econ game with us.

The greens are.. well... We haven't polluted yet, and we don't realize what our dejungling does yet...

Comment

Originally posted by GoodFella
                    Where are the Greens and the Libertarians and Ross Perot?
                    I wanna be Rush Limbaugh!
                    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I wanna be James Trafficant!
                      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

You must wear a toupay (sp?) and kick people in their crotches Apocalypse to be James Trafficant.
                        If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

I think the closes comparision would be the UFC equals Sparta and DIA equals Athens.
                          Duddha: I will return...
                          Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
                          "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
                          Free California!

Comment

If you have to assign one party to be the democrats and one the republicans, the DIA is definitely the democrats. However, as people have said, neither is a very good comparison.

Duddha's comparison is good though. It fits very well.

Comment

I second that.
                              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                              X