POLL -- Who do we fight AFTER France?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POLL -- Who do we fight AFTER France?

We at the Foreign Ministry do not want to create or accept any treaties with nation that we intend to attack. There are possible deals that can be made with both Greece and America, and there are also good reasons to attack them both.

This poll is unofficial, but it will help advise us.

Please vote and also post the reason why you made that selection.

Thank you,

--Togas

This poll will expire in three days.
    America
    56.10%
    Greece
    4.88%
    Both
    7.32%
    Someone else (please post who)
    4.88%
    No one. We should focus on building our nation.
    26.83%

The poll is expired.

Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Tough to decide. Depends on how Greece is fairing, and whether we have Chivalry. But, I say America. They are week, easily defeated, and have another lux, iron and horse.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Yanks. If we get Chivalry in time, I'd consider attacking the Greeks instead. Hopefully, by then, the Brits and Aztecs will still be at war with the Greeks, so they may be softened a tad-- enough for our Knights to have few troubles.
      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

America for sure unless our french war ends up putting us in another war, or we get sneak attacked.

After that either Germany or Greece depending on the situation. But definately not before we have a sizable knight army, preferably backed by some form of artillery.

Comment

I said give peace a chance. Mostly because I suspect that we will not have much of a military once the conflict with france is over.

I wouldn't be upset if we go after america though.
          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Abstain for now. With the war against the French still to be fought, and the Greek wars just beginning, there's no way to tell right now. We should definitely conquer America soon, unless someone attacks us; whether or not Greece is a viable target will depend on what happens during the next several turns. (IE, what we get out of the war, what our losses are, etc.)

Comment

America, as a training ground well situated for our army ; then Greece if Germany is busy with the Azteks.
              Statistical anomaly.
              The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Comment

I thought this was going to be a poll about who to attack seriously next, not to just confirm the small skirmish we'll be having with the US.
                Are we having fun yet?

Comment

America and Greece. In that order. Hence both.

Comment

The Americans first, definitely. We need to firm up our claim to that general region -- and if we don't move against them soon, somebody else will, and scoop up valuable real estate quite easily.

Then possibly the Greeks.

With one caveat: I have a weird suggestion that might be worth discussing. Now that Persia has built the Pyramids, its growth rate is going to accelerate dramatically. IF (and probably only if) we could find a powerful civ willing to ally with us against Persia (one that would offer a genuine military contribution in the form of a second front), perhaps it would be worth taking on the Persians, to trim them down a bit.
                    Not that I relish the prospect of taking on immortals.
                    Is this idea crazy? I'm just worried that unless someone moves against the Persians soon, they are going to grow truly large and formidable.
                    aka, Unique Unit
                    Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

We should finish the americans. Then we will have to build a knight army. In the best of worlds I would want 20 knights for an all out assault on greece when we do assault them. Of course I am saying this as a private person when I write not a SMC, since Uber will soon be back, Long before the decision will be made. Still we could build warchariots(if we don't intend to use them before some are upgraded). Then upgrade some, not all to knights. I would once again appeal for a horseman force so we have a rapid response ability. I don't want chariots for this because we don't want a golden age yet.
                      Aggie
                      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Def. America first.

After them... we'll see .

-- adaMada
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

who ver is weakest. but for sure, we cant fight without chivalry.

Comment

Do we really want Apolytonia to be a nation perpetually at war?

We are not in a position to support sustained wars without out infrastructure and public works suffering. We are already behind in development as it is... I say we need a term of piece! At least two turnthreads... that doesn't mean let the military fall apart, but just... not overextend.

I vote for peace. The statistics support this decision ;-P
                            Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                            Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                            Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                            Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

Think of declaring war on america as adding a few more barbarians.

Comment

Working...
                              X