Who wants to be a justice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who wants to be a justice?

I am looking for who CAN be a justice at this point.

If MrWIA is not back in one week's time. I will be making the nominations. I accept bribes only in the form of banana's. And, please, no sumitting 'this is why I want to be a judge' to the Gazette. I had more than a few of those last time. If I do one, I must have ALL, so the Gazette is no place to advertise for ANY government position.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Are there any requirements or is it just a "whoever wants it gots it" type thing?

Sign me up if it's the latter suggestion.
    Last edited by cdinkle; August 22, 2002, 01:49.
    What's my signature going to be when I become a Warlord? Guess and Win!
    I've got the body of a GOD. So what if it's Buddha? ~Cheiftain
    There are only 3 types of people in this world; the ones that can count, and the ones that can't. ~Settler

Comment

I've been looking for a way to get back into the game. I put my name on a possible list for the opening.
      Duddha: I will return...
      Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
      "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
      Free California!

Comment

It can be a large commitment.

It can be a bit of frustration trying to wade through many threads to find references, only to find contradictions.

It can be a bit of a 'head butt' when the justices do not agree.

It can be... not something to take lightly.

Also, keep in mind it is a three month gig.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Oh, well in that case, nevermind.

Headbutts aren't my thing.
          What's my signature going to be when I become a Warlord? Guess and Win!
          I've got the body of a GOD. So what if it's Buddha? ~Cheiftain
          There are only 3 types of people in this world; the ones that can count, and the ones that can't. ~Settler

Comment

Well. I do not want to play that up. However, when people hold views they believe are correct, and those views do not agree with others, then there is the potential for discord. What matters is how well those disagreements are managed by the participants.

So far so good. It would be good if it can stay that way. Just something to keep in mind.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

NYE, are BOTH positions 3 month? I thought Captains vacancy was 1 o 2, and Trip's was 3...
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

It was decided that Trips would be 3, and Captians 2.

Personally I don't agree-- I think when a judge retires, we should let the new person start fresh. It's not like we do a monthly thing like the ministers.

Comment

I think it was to keep the rotation intact. Don't really care either way, just didn't want to scare off potential Justices. I know we have alot of deputies running around that would do a fine job...if they want it. You will either be real busy, or not have anything. Perhaps one of you can even impeach me! or even MrWIA!!! Come on, don't that sound fun?

For the record: Court cases won: 2, lost: 0
                  Anyone in need of a defendant?
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

the term remaining on mine is 2 months, out of 3. I only managed to serve 1 month.
                    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

I certainly do not know what he's talking about, we always agree on everything.

Originally posted by notyoueither
                      Well. I do not want to play that up. However, when people hold views they believe are correct, and those views do not agree with others, then there is the potential for discord. What matters is how well those disagreements are managed by the participants.

So far so good. It would be good if it can stay that way. Just something to keep in mind.
                      Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                      "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                        For the record: Court cases won: 2, lost: 0
                        Anyone in need of a defendant?
                        Unorto beat me and I'm a freakin' lawyer.

Hopefully we'll see some potential candidates arise for the Judiciary. If not, we'll have to consider allowing people to serve in more than one post.

--Togas
                        Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                        Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                        Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                        Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem for a deputy to also be on the judiciary, as the deputy is under the direction of the minister. If a conflict of interest appears, the judge will just have to excuse themselves from the issue......

Deputy positions are honory for the most part.
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by Togas

Unorto beat me and I'm a freakin' lawyer.

Hopefully we'll see some potential candidates arise for the Judiciary. If not, we'll have to consider allowing people to serve in more than one post.

--Togas
                            I have also studied Quite a bit of law, so don't feel bad.

I usually deal with contracting issues, though.
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I thought Trip's term was only one month sine Spiff nominated him. I thought Ninot's nominations were 3 months.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X