Ministry of Public Works (Term 3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ministry of Public Works (Term 3)

Here is our ministry of public works thread.

What do you think should be improved? Ideas, suggestions, critique? Please post here and let us know what is important!

Note, I am leaving for vacation later this morning (the 18th) and will probably be gone until August 24th at the latest. My dad is bringing his laptop, so I should have internet access to at least keep in touch and follow the game. As for if I can get Civ installed on it, we shall see!

I've created a webpage outlining my basic plan of action. If there is anything that could be improved, please let me know!

Your homepage for the Ministry of Public works can be found here: http://whitebandit.hypermart.net/pw.htm

Thanks!
    First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
    The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Hello.
    I have read your site, and have one critic about your plan : you don't mention connecting with Chartres once the war is over (in 7 turns I think, i.e pretty soon), which will be a very important matter : indeed, in order to allow our population to grow, we'll needthese French wines.
    Plus, such a road would allow us to quickly send reinforcements in our new territory.
    I think the road to Chartres should be our maximal priority for now, and clearing jungle only comes after.
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

WhiteBandit, your webpage made my jaw drop. Impressive work for only a few hours in office!

I have some questions/issues to flesh out. I will refer to your page the whole time, so anyone who wants to post in response here, you need to look at his link.

Firstly, I would like roads between all our cities also, but am not convinced of the importance of the road between Del Monte and Timeline. These cities will be connected into the network elsewhere, and the only reason for such a road that I can see is in being able to reinforce each city from the other if necessary. Neither of these cities are very likely to be able to spare any tropps for the other, and thus I think this road can wait a while.

Next, I agree that Termina needs at least one more tile cleared, mined and roaded, and Gaia also, but Gaia's improvements are not as badly needed as in Timeline or Loveshack, which are close to the capital and have fewer well-improved tiles than Gaia, which still has one improved tile to work with.

El Presidente
      MrWIA
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

The road between Timeline and Termina can wait, I will agree. I didn't mean to make it sound too important I suppose if/when our workers have nothing to do then we can do that.

I have been thinking about the impending war on France, but I didn't really address it yet since we don't really know exactly what is going to happen.

I think providing it is succesful and we get Chartres, we can connect a road to it from Termina and work from there into France. How important do you think it is to connect all of France? Should I put off doing improvements around other cities and focus on connecting much of France by road (this is providing the war is succesful of course)? I assume we will capture some French workers as well, so this will supplement our worker force. We can use them to improve the areas around France, that way we don't have to drain our work force from other areas (especially since we have quite a lot to do).

If it would be possible, can everyone put a list of cities in order of importance for improvements? I can better allocate workers this way, plus it helps to have an idea of what everyone deems important (as you can see, some of my plans already differ from people's ideas! So this can help alleviate that!)

Thanks!
        First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
        The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

I think connecting all our French cities will be extremely important (however, it's possible the French connected them already, being industrious)
          Indeed, we'll need our luxuries in conquered cities, esp; Paris, if we want to lower the chances of cultural reversion.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

We should connect all our cities .

Comment

Someone remind me -- does Public Works include the tax rate, or is that another ministral position?

As for the roads, we really could use connections to other civs (as well as our own, which other people seem to have plans for) -- I keep trying to feel out trade deals to find out we can't do this and that because we need a road connection to whoever's capital.

Just my two cents...

-- adaMada
              Civ 3 Democracy Game:
              PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
              Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

congrats, WB, and excellent site, but I have one problem with your strategy. i dont think we need to fortify workers in Termina during the war. they can do something, even if its just building a road or clearing a jungle tile. besides that,

Comment

Originally posted by adaMada
                  Someone remind me -- does Public Works include the tax rate, or is that another ministral position?

As for the roads, we really could use connections to other civs (as well as our own, which other people seem to have plans for) -- I keep trying to feel out trade deals to find out we can't do this and that because we need a road connection to whoever's capital.

Just my two cents...

-- adaMada
                  it's another position. after the reforms PW will be a local affair

We shouldnt connect France until AFTER the war (unless you think you could finish in about 6 turns). I dont want or workers wandering around French borders when the hammer falls.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

it's another position. after the reforms PW will be a local affair
                    Ok, thanks . Out of curiosity, who does do that?

We shouldnt connect France until AFTER the war (unless you think you could finish in about 6 turns). I dont want or workers wandering around French borders when the hammer falls.
                    Very much agreed, but could we at least start? Maybe work on it for a turn or two, and then run back towards our cities at turn-0? Would it be possible to get back in time?

-- adaMada
                    Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                    PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                    Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I think so. If we start working on the road and then start running back before we declare war our workers will be safe. I doubt that the French are going to send units into our territory chasing after workers when their capital is under attack.
                      "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                      And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                      Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                      - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

We could always use those workers as bait .

Or we could just solve the problem with a unit .

Comment

great plan; from the statistical point of view clearing the jungles is the most urgent, and you've got that covered with a good start. gg.
                          Minister of the Economy: Term IV, V
                          Ministre d'Économie: Session IV, V
                          Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean there aren't people following me!
                          Même si je suis paranoïde, ça n'exige pas qu'il n'y a pas de gens qui me suivent!

Comment

I suggest that we use the two slaves... I mean workers in Marseilles to dig a road in the tile N of Marseilles. This will establish a trade route with Greece, and as soon as we've connected Marseilles to dyes we can trade our dyes to Greece for some gpt.
                            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Ideas?

Orders for 210 BC are fairly ironed out. They can be found here.

Most of our cities are connected. We will have work with France once the war is over, but luckily we captured workers in that region, so we won't have to divert any units.

Minus a few spots where I am still connecting road, I am starting to clear jungles in our empire. Are there any areas where we should focus on clearing jungles first? My current plans are to clear jungle near Loveshack and then to move that stack near BHQ and foxus on clearing jungle around that. Timeline has jungles being cleared as well as Termina. Is there any city that I should focus on?

Also, once I clear the jungle, should I make any sort of improvements? Build a road and move on? Or should I just clear jungle and don't look back? I probably need the input of the city planners. If they need a mine or (in the future) irrigation, please let me know what tiles.

Any input is appreciated from anyone! Also, if there is a problem with any part of my plans, please let me know. I'm more than willing to compromise!

Comment

Working...
                              X