Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Suggestion to spread out the workload...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Suggestion to spread out the workload...

I've been lurking for a little while, but I still have only a vague understanding about how this whole thing works. Nevertheless, I noticed on another thread someone mentioning how the President was going to get an awful lot of power when the time comes for there to be hundreds of military units and dozens of cities.

Therefore, I propose the following...

1. That positions be opened for "generals" or "field marshals" or what have you. The basic premise is that one person would develop a plan to use a certain amount of units, to further whatever goal the higher ups in the government had tasked it. The War Academy would get a general, assign a certain amount of units to him, and give him his orders. He would then have to make decisions as to how to accomplish those orders. For Example, the War Academy might say to the General: "Here are twelve Knights. Take the city of Exampleopolis as soon as possible."
    The general would then formulate the detailed orders for each Knight.

2. That city governers be instituted- with only a handful of cities, it should not be so bad, but as Apolytonia expands, I think it'll be necessary (and allow for more citizen participation) for each city (or groups of cities) to have someone in charge.

(If I have violated some of the etiquette by posting in this manner, please, accept my apologies.)
    "You know truth is the first casualty of war. Well, I guess sobriety is the second."

-Hawkeye Pierce, MASH.

It is a good point, Colonel, but it has been raised at least twice before, and we are aware of the fact that soon we may need to do this. Not yet, tho' as we still have few units.

BTW, let me be the first to say welcome to the insanity!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Re: A Suggestion to spread out the workload...

Originally posted by Col. Emil Furst
      2. That city governers be instituted- with only a handful of cities, it should not be so bad, but as Apolytonia expands, I think it'll be necessary (and allow for more citizen participation) for each city (or groups of cities) to have someone in charge.
      Stay tuned for these re-forms within the coming weels.
      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

comming weeks... months... years...

/me sighs. this process is far too slow.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

* UberKrux will be surprised
          Last edited by OPD; August 17, 2002, 18:41.
          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

The judges could make all the poll's and work on stuff like the Code Of Laws .

A form of secrerary's would also be helpfull .

Comment

Working...
            X