Adam Smith Foundation: Currency and the Iroquis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Smith Foundation: Currency and the Iroquis

The Iroquis are the only nation (that we know of) that is yet to discover currency. They have 25 gold and they will willingly part with their money and a world map in exchange for our currency technology.
    Currency will give the Iroquis the ability to build marketplaces and access to the Medieval era. If you load up the save or look at the foreign reports you will notice that we should not worry about giving the Iroquis either one of those two advantages. First of all, they won't build marketplaces anytime soon anyway. They have no luxuries, most of their cities are unconnected and they appear to be going nowhere.
    As for allowing them access to the Medieval era, there's no need to worry about that either. They're a fledging civilization and by the time we go down to deal with the Abananaba civs they will have been neutralized by Rome. In fact, giving the Iroquis access to the Medieval age will mean they'll be able to show more resistance to the Romans which is a good thing because they seem like a future rival and we'd like to hold them back as much as we can.
    On the other hand, look at the advantage: 25 gold. Yes, I know that doesn't look like much right now but when we get to our next techwhoring project every penny will count (techs are getting more expensive). Besides, money is the most flexible resource we have: it can be used in diplomatic actions, we can use it to upgrade units, pay for research, buy technologies or rush jobs with paid labor once we switch governments.

I thereby present this subject to the Adam Smith Foundation to debate upon.
    Note: I did not make this thread a cross ASF/Machiavelli Institute discussion because I believe this has little to do with diplomacy. This will slightly improve our relationship with the Iroquis, but other than that it won't have any considerable diplomatic effects.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

I say do it. Every $ counts.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Why not?

Comment

Exactly.
        I suggest we do this first thing the next time the game is played.
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Oh, and sorry for misspelling Iroquois.
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Good work Shiber! This is a great idea.
            For your photo needs:
            http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Excellent suggestions. I give it a . One of the first things I will do as the new Econ Minister is to push for us to trade with the Iroquois. It will get us money, as well as gain us a possible friend. We could use some assistance down in Abanaba Minor.
              2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
              Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

We should do our best to help the Iroquois, the Russians and the Babylonians so we can hold off Rome as much as possible (which are already annoyed with us and will soon control Abananaba Minor IMHO).
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I don't know, the Russians might be a problem pretty soon, I say we help the Iroquois, and then see who emerges triumphant in the first major war down there.
                  2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
                  Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

I'm all for it. They NEED currency, I'm getting tired of trading for them useless beads........

Comment

Yeah, go ahead with it. We can use the money, and anything that weakens Abananaba Minor as a whole helps.
                      oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Sounds like the plan is good .

Not trying to push anyone, but just to keep things moving -- any reason not to put it to a poll?

-- adaMada
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                        PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                        Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

I say do it. 25 gold isn't much, but we lost the German market because I underestimated the price the AI would be willing to sell currency for (the Germans had about 40 gold, I never thought they would buy currency for so little money).

Also, currency has a chance to make Iroquois better economically, so they would have more money for our next techwhoring project.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Again, before it falls by too many pages -- any objections to putting this to a poll?

Edit: Also, if it is put to a poll, anyone know if it should be an official or an unofficial poll?
                            Civ 3 Democracy Game:
                            PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
                            Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

Working...
                            X