No announcement yet.

Machiavelli Institute: Foreign Policy Regarding Persia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think our policy will shift depending on who gets that iron deposit, the English or the Persians.

Question is, will a rival civ having iron make them a better ally, or a greater threat needing some pruning?
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

We want Persia as our ally. If we ally with England against Persia, then we have to fight Persia. If we ally with Persia against England, Persia and England duke it out while we sit and build our infrastructure.

Comment

Well, you cannot trust allies in this game, but certainly don't want them as an enemy. For now, we should keep them as an ally until we are powerful enough and have the leisure or need to deal with them. We definetely want to keep them from being a threats when MPP's come around. :shudders:
        Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
        If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

I think Persia will get the iron spot, because Britain already has one (and the AI pushes much less to connect to an extra resource spot).

We should be with Persia, probably until the end of the game. Let me explain why :

- They have 2 luxuries we don't (Incense and Spices), and we'll have 2 luxuries they don't (dyes and wines). With so much trade between the 2 nations, we can hope for some long term good-relationship.

- Because of their lack of Iron and Horses, Persia is a weak military power until at least gunpowder comes out. This said, it wont profit from its Immortals to conquer land. IMO, Persia will be a medium or small power in the future, because of lack of expansion.

Because of all these reasons, I think Persia is the least threatening Civ north of Apolyton. Let's face it : all betraying violent bastards (Liz, Otto and Xerxes) are next to each other. We have to pick the less evil among them to get rif of the most evil (namely, the Germans)

I think war with Germany is the only necessary war of the medieval era. Xerxes could be a good ally (meaning : someone who doesn't attack you while your forces are elsewhere) in that situation.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Working...
          X