Science funding should be Increased!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Science funding should be Increased!

I think It would be a good Idea of spending a few extra coins In Increasing our research. Research Is our lifeblood and would be financially good for the future especially when other Civs would like to pay 13+ just for a single piece of Technology! I say Increase the funding!
    Yes
    26.67%
    No
    73.33%

The poll is expired.

I would say no at this time, as I believe it will prove cheaper for us to purchase our technology in the near future. Later on, I must agree, as we advance it will be harder to aquire. I say we wait until post war with france and then see where we stand.
    If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

No. It is far more cost effective to let someone else research something, trade them money for it, then sell it to all the other civs.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Godking has a good point but If we do end our war with France In the future, they may demand quite a hefty fee where as If we had more Technology then them, we have a better chance of coming to a peacful terms due to France will want our Technology.

Comment

The war with France should be pretty one sided for us. They'll be paying us greatly just so we'll stop, assuming we won't just wipe them out.
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

If the French have Allies, It could get dangerous for us. We need Technology aswell to upgrade our military and If we did Increase the budget, we could have a very strong army which would make us stronger then the others. Also when we need resources, we have to keep up In Technology so we know where they are so we can reach them before our rivals do. I am only asking for a 10% Increase.

Comment

I think they will probably keep 1/2 of their cities or so, but then we will have to focus on ourselves.....(or perhaps the americans).

The hard part is that the further on any tech tree we go, the more expensive the tech gets. I would hate to see the day we are paying 1000's of gp for a tech, because the AI will not be keeping much around for the other civs to pay to trade it to us. Sure, we may get a couple hundred back from whomever we sell it to, but I think we will loose in the long run. For now, however, this is the way to go.

All is, of course, IMHO.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

If the French bring in someone we'll fire back with bringing in Greece with the money we horde. BTW, it is very unlikely that the next tech we research ourselves with a 10% increase would even provide something that would really contribute to the war effort.

Comment

Well the other reason like I mentoined before Is resources. If we get those resources before our oppoments, the better we will be. We need Technology to be able to do this.

Comment

If France gets an ally we get more defense spending
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Exactly! I say that we need that money to be put Into Science!

Comment

Originally posted by Ksim3000
                        Exactly! I say that we need that money to be put Into Science!
                        Last time I checked the science rate (which was a few turnchats ago) even if we increased science rate to 100% it wouldn't make us get Feudalism any quicker. Perhaps when our cities grow a bit more and perhaps get libraries this will become a viable option.
                        Are we having fun yet?

Comment

I didn't say 100%, I was thinking more 60% or 70%. Even If we had the same number of turns, we would have less turns when we reach our next research. We could also build Libaries slowy over time which would save gold.

Comment

Libraries are fine. I am saying that we need the money for the war right now. Having a new tech slightly faster won't affect the war on France.

Comment

The point is that increasing the science rate at all won't make us research faster.

Comment

Working...
                              X