Currency design and other stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Currency design and other stuff

Well, it seem like we have come up with a name for our currency, the Lyton , with its denomintor being the Apo.

While all the particulars have not been worked out- such as a how many Apos to a Lyton and so forth, I was wondering if we as a community want to take the time to design our currency- whether this should be done privately by enterprising individuals, or whether we should hold polls on denominations, and contests and polls over names and design elements.

So, how much effort do we want to put into creating our currency?

And as a somewhat related but not completely aside:

Supposedly we have a Flag, an anthem, a war flag and so forth- we held polls but they seem to have vanished. Should be have a topped poll in the forum with a full collection of the symbols of our fair civ, like the flags, perhaps an anthem, religious symbos and hyms to the Banana, and our (this is how these two things tie) designs for our money?
    If you don't like reality, change it! me
    "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
    "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
    "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

A topped poll, or a topped thread?
    Anyway, yeah, this is a good idea. Of course, the webpage should contain this information as well. Hell hasn't frozen over yet, so we're still going to have to wait for it.

Comment

I will get this all in the government thread for next term. In the meantime, could you guys please find me links to all that stuff and post them below? It would sure help out.
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Some links:

war flag
        The Jungle gazette archives
        Post maps here
        National Anthem Nomination Thread
        High resolution world map
        How should we call our currency ?
        Official Flag of Apolytonia

I hope this help
        Edit: more links
        Last edited by Aro; August 13, 2002, 09:04.
        RIAA sucks
        The Optimistas
        I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Many countries have a special animal or plant. We know our plant, but what is our animal?

I heard monkeys eat bananas.

Comment

You haven't read jdjdjd's letter's very close. They eat bats, the bats are attracted to banana's
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Re: Currency design and other stuff

Originally posted by GePap
              Well, it seem like we have come up with a name for our currency, the Lyton , with its denomintor being the Apo.
              When was this decided? Last I heard we were still debating the name.

Comment

we need a 'country' thread with archives, and all that stuff you said

Comment

Working...
                X