(Roleplay) Poll: Patent office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Roleplay) Poll: Patent office

I would like to propose that we establish a patent office in Apolytonia, where everyone who has discovered something new can register it as a patent to safeguard their intellectual property.
    I myself have made many breathtaking inventions which I would like to register as patents, including the kettle, the fork, the house carpet, the Multi-Threaded Fiber-Optic 64-Bit Supercomputer, the car and my ultimate invention: the spiked club. However I believe I am not the only one who would require the services of the patent office. For example, the first person to discover a means of growing oranges in jungle tiles would most likely wish to register this as a patent as well.

Vote yes for the founding of an Apolytonian Patent Office!
    Yes
    38.10%
    No
    28.57%
    Abstain
    9.52%
    Establish a banana office instead!
    23.81%
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

I have a few things I'd like to register. What, you ask?

-- the dancing vorpal greatsword of swiftness +5
    -- a catapult made entirely out of bananas. (Only the Del Monte variety will do.)
    -- Biochemonuclear weapons.
    oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

Great minds think alike! I had PM'd our government officials last week with the same idea!

When/if opened I need to patent Sugar, Chocolate, Cocoa, Coffe, and Tea.

And our exclusive banana technique for tempering metal.

Comment

This is absurd.
        Inventions should be able to benefit all Apolytons. What if the inventor refuses to share his inventions with the rest of the nation? If a cure for jungle fever is found, then it can be legally kept out away from those who need it.
        Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
        If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

If this office opens, I will proptly place a form for a apatent on my religiously inspired Smoothie recipe, and on the notion of a 'legislature' also. I plan to reap thousand of Lytons from the first anyway
          If you don't like reality, change it! me
          "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
          "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
          "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Patents... Inventions

YOU ARE ALL OUT OF YOUR MINDS!!!

You are at least 200 years ahead of yourselves. Patents are to protect inventions

We do not even know what invention is.

This all sounds paranoid
            I vote no

Do not give in to the hysteria

Remember.... pillage first then burn.

Comment

i'm the only one who thinks this is spam and voted abstain? Everyone else with that opinion voted banana instead????

Comment

Working...
              X