turnchat troubles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turnchat troubles

turnchat had to be ended because there was a sever connection problem for some of us. People were answering questions 8 minutes after it was asked of them. an 8 minute gap is no way to work.

also, it seems im personally having problems attaching files to my threads, so no SAVS will be up immediately soon.

also, i might change wednesdays turnchat into a turnthread, to avoid this happening again this week.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

I will later post a free help session (ie single post) on how IRC works so we don't have people running around blind trying to figure out exactly what a 'server' is and how they can be lagged 50 minutes with one person but none with another, or even stranger things

gaaah!

I'll explain how we can get passed all of that if we choose to hold another turnchat, so to be immune from lag and netsplits.

Comment

That doesnt pay, turnchats are doomed anyway. Heck, I could set up an IRC server on my DSL router, only for us, no problem on that, but soon turnchats will be unapplicable anyway.

Wise decision. Make turnthreads.

Comment

Perhaps you should have a server selected for everyone to use prior to announcing the turnchat. Just add it to the 'Next Scheduled Turnchat' thread, that way everyone can use the same server (and the less mIRC-literate folks can get help from Epistax with that). If we all use the same server, lag won't be an issue.

Comment

Most servers on DALnet are hopelessly overloaded. I am mostly happy to connect at all, at any server, no chance to choose a defined one.

Comment

We use irc.webmaster.com for our server. It's not as overloaded.
            Come over to CFC! | My Pre-Apolyton Roots! ;)
            Civfanatics Moderator of the Civ3, Civ4 Sections and the MP Demogame
            Born in TUC2S, Raised in Apolyton, Currently living in CFC. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Chieftess
              We use irc.webmaster.com for our server. It's not as overloaded.
              it will be now.
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Working...
              X