Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are we going to do about September?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll survive. I did most of my online game playing while I was in college and even law school.

But for the sake of this issue it might be helpful if someone polled the populace to see how many are students.

On a somewhat related note I'll be on vacation in September from 7th to the 15th.

--Togas
    Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
    Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
    Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
    Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

hmmm...since overall it would be somewhat on topic in this thread, i'll make an announcement here and now:

First and foremost, I am back from my vacation in Michigan. Unfortunately, that does not mean I can be very active here. My school starts the 22nd, but even until then I will not spend much time here. I have no more aspirations in the executive branch and I also plan to be more withdrawn from the DIA. However, I am insterested in spending the rest of my days here as a judge. Since it seems the elections are over though,. I guess I'll wait until september to run.

Comment

We had a similar situation in CFC (since we started in April). We had our turn chats at 7:00PM EDT, which was fine for those of us in school/work. Some did have to leave by 10:00PM EDT, though.

So, yes, it would cut down on the number of people who can play. The first 2 terms, we had a Swede who managed to stay up until 4:00am his time, then we had another person who worked the next term. Summer is the best, since most people aren't in school. What we did was have a Chain of Command. If the designated player couldn't play, it went down a list (like domestic, military, foriegn affairs, science, trade, culture, governors, etc.).
        It rarely got any further than trade during the school year (mainly because I was at the chat most of the time ).
        Come over to CFC! | My Pre-Apolyton Roots! ;)
        Civfanatics Moderator of the Civ3, Civ4 Sections and the MP Demogame
        Born in TUC2S, Raised in Apolyton, Currently living in CFC. :D

Comment

we should institute a similar chain

Comment

Like others have said, we won't need turnchats soon (if someone works out how turnthreads will work, at least), so it won't be a problem much longer.

Comment

Skywalker, Annapolis you say. USNA or St. Johns?
              Overworked and underpaid C/LTJG in the NJROTC
              If you try to fail and succeed which have you done?
              If fail to plan, then you plan to fail

Comment

I'll be around. And it seems that there's plenty of people, and enough candidates to allow contests in several positions.

Comment

Originally posted by civman2000
                  I have no more aspirations in the executive branch and I also plan to be more withdrawn from the DIA. However, I am insterested in spending the rest of my days here as a judge.
                  Another one wants my job! Do you think it takes no time? Just all glory?

Try IE, or a nice ambassadorship.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
                  X