No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL amendment poll: Impeachment Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will not vote in this poll, because I feel that Impeachment should be fairly open, as any, pretty much any reason should suffice. INCOMPETENCE should be included in the list of offenses. If we get stuck with an idiot for SMC or Prez, we could be in for a real @#&% load of trouble.

Otherwise it is pretty good.
    2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
    Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

Originally posted by Donal Graeme
      If we get stuck with an idiot for SMC or Prez, we could be in for a real @#&% load of trouble.

Well, you survived this past term, didnt you?
      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Donal Graeme
        I will not vote in this poll, because I feel that Impeachment should be fairly open, as any, pretty much any reason should suffice. INCOMPETENCE should be included in the list of offenses. If we get stuck with an idiot for SMC or Prez, we could be in for a real @#&% load of trouble.

Incompetence was not included for good reasons. First of all, its hard to vote an incompetant person into office. Second, how would you define incompetence? If a minister did what he truely thought was best for the empire, and nobody said anything, and his decision turns out to be disastrous, then can that person be charged with incompetence? Could someone be charged with incompetence for making a little mistake, or maybe they never did anything really wrong but political oponents were able to shed negative light onto a decision for political reasons. Incompetence just had to many questions.

Kman
        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Good point, didn't think of that. Also, pressure from mistakes would force a Minister or Executive figure out of office after enough problems.
          2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
          Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

Just for clarification, if you are against the amendment for certain reasons, and you have viewed the links listed in the top post, then vote against the amendment.

If you have not viewed the links, then you should and you could see how in depth the discussion got, and the results of polls placed in front of the people. You could see all that before you vote no.

And for those who choose not to vote at all. There is no reason for it. If you disagree with the amendment in anyway, vote against it. If you agree with it, vote for it.

I'd rather have 10 no votes, then one person not voting at all because they disagree with one aspect of the amendment.
            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Sounds good jdjdjd. Thanks for taking this up again.
              If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

bump again.,....one day to go

Comment

last bump, poll closes in two hours

Comment

Ok, this poll should be closed....how do I close it? Anyone know how?

Comment

Oh, it did close, 82.93% in favor. This amendment should be added to the CoL.

Comment

WOOHOOO!!!!

There were only 41 voters, though...
                        "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                        - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                        Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

Comment

Originally posted by jdjdjd

Read the first post again, and then you can go to the two links where we already had polls determine what people preferred in the amendment. This amendment is based largely in those polls. This is its final form, this is not to re-re-re-hash ideas, we've done that ad nauseum. Please read the other posts in the thread and go to the links, if you still don't understand what we're talking about. But, please don't say it again that their should have been more options.

Have a Nice Day

hi ,

just for your info , your "orders" where done , loooooooong time before you posted , .....

and there should have been more options to the people , .....

so that one can choose , instead of only having a couple options , ....

and there should have been more talking and feedback from the people , ...

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                            I think the amendment takes the prize for this. Detailed unofficial polls, a long prepoll discussion, a week of waiting through inactivity in the discussion thread just to make sure no one else had anything they wished to say. I bet there would have been a lot of complaints if it had taken any longer or gone through more discussion than it did.

have a nice day
                            You too.

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

just for your info , your "orders" where done , loooooooong time before you posted , .....

and there should have been more options to the people , .....

so that one can choose , instead of only having a couple options , ....

have a nice day

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep

I think the amendment takes the prize for this. Detailed unofficial polls, a long prepoll discussion, a week of waiting through inactivity in the discussion thread just to make sure no one else had anything they wished to say. I bet there would have been a lot of complaints if it had taken any longer or gone through more discussion than it did.

You too.
                                hi ,

, one can only wonder how long it shall take before people want to change this again , ......

but then again , its a way to keep working on maybe the perfect constitution , ......

only the future can tell us , .....

actually most people are on holiday or out , or trying to get in a univ , so those people are left a bit out , .....

that is one reason why this poll should have stayed open longer

have a nice day
                                - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                                - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                                WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                                X