No announcement yet.

Golden age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uber Island has a nice base for rapid expansion except for the lack of Lux. Except for that, We should have enough with what's there and with sending a couple of worker and we'll be set.

The SMC will be building some roads through the Jungle to the War zone/Captured Cities. Once they are opened up, well be able to send a War Chariot and get our GA. I don't think that we'll be finish with this war within the next 20turns.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

it would be nice if our warchariots CAN induce GA... then next GL we get, we can build an army for heroic epic = more chance of GL.... but as of now, I see that next GL should be used for GA triggering possibility...
      :-p

Comment

This GL should be used to trigger GA or we might miss our opertunity to have one altogether.

Go Sistine's Chapel!!!
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Possibilities left for triggering a GA:
          1. Winning battles with war chariots, which is only possible against the Americans and it's becoming increasingly less likely that there'll be much left of them, if at all, by the time we invade their territory.
          2. Building the Sistine Chapel.
          3. Building JS Bach's Cathedral.
          4. Building the Hoover Dam some time in the middle of the next age.

Option 1 is becoming increasingly less likely, so we can't assume we'll ever be able to use our UU to trigger a GA.
          Option 3 is a bad option. JS Bach's is not a very good wonder, especially when we'll be able to build much better wonders such as Leonardo's Workshop which provide a tremendous advantage.
          Option 4 is bad too. I don't think we can wait until the middle of the next era for our GA.
          Therefore, we are left with option 2, which will also give us one of the most powerful wonders in the game, if not the most powerful.
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I just had a thought. Maybe the best time to have a golden age is at Cavalry&Musket era (or we could use it to propell our sci into Mili tradition). We would get the extra production at a time when the attack unit is a move 3 attack 6 and the defender is defense 4 and requires saltpeter. This would give us a good boost and Cavalry will still be very strong up until the moment when the AI discovers Replaceable parts.

War Charriots can kill longbowmen easily. They can also kill a wounded knight/cav with some luck.
            Vini, Vidi, Poluti.

Comment

For peaceful Golden Age you need to build a wonder (or combo) with both traights.

Building Sistine Chapel / Bach's won't trigure the GA, but will merely allow for the possibility of having it in the Industrial age with Hoover Dam.

(We would have had to be playing a Religous - Military civ, say Japan if we wanted a Golden Age for building Sun Tzu + Sistine Chapel.)
              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
              Templar Science Minister
              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

The start of the American war is a good time if it's not pushed back again if the Aztecs stop taking their cities.

But we don't need to have the improvements in the contientant first. Instead, we use the Golden Age to speed up building the improvements.

Yes, switching to Republic so that we don't waste 1 turn of it in Anarchy would be prefered, but it's not nearly as critical as it would be if we weren't religious.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                X