Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...And this lack is being worst.
    Some possible reasons:
    The PTW demo game, the new PTW intersite game, the phase of the game we're playing now (almost modern age), the absence of real challenges, the slow new Prez... ... Not to mention the imminent war USA-Iraq (seriously, some senators are involved, in a way or another).

Any comments?
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Thanks for the support Spiffor, and greetings to you Mr.prez.

Ok, never get involved in RL-wars. They just kill you.
      Fight them wars out on a computer instead, and then make love to a randy girl afterwards. Good, and then she will eventually kill you, or what's left of you.
      Last edited by ThePlagueRat; January 30, 2003, 17:51.
      My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Partially a reason I'm tried thread-jacking the new PTW Intersite Demo game : 1) To not give any potential info away to foreign opponents, and 2) To kill of this Intersite discussion happening in the Civ3Demo threads, until it gets their own threads.
        Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
        Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

I doubt I'll be headed to the war now, unless something totally crazy happens....and just like when the PTWDEMOgame started, I'll be HERE until the end. I rarely have the patience to make it to modern times (unless I have a really good game going), and I want to see this one through... ....at least until I go off to boot camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
            ....at least until I go off to boot camp.
            Mwuhahahaa, thats when you get drafted.

I , myself, has done mandatory conscript service for 1 year,
            so I can go join the NATO or UN forces if I feel like getting good wages for picking landmines in Bosnia with Polishmen.
            (btw: Polishmen are great strawberrypickers too)

Hmm, not a difficult decision. IRL, they won't let me be the general so I can wage the war, just a mere private who never gets laid, but if I stay here and play computer games, I can be as much general-warmonger as I want to, and get laid!
            Last edited by ThePlagueRat; January 30, 2003, 17:54.
            My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Nah I'm not going to get drafted. I'm already in and signed up, and the military has basically closed off people from further recruitement, or at least the Air Force has. They can't afford to pay too many more thousands of people who want to join!

Actually, I preemptively joined to AVOID the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
                ...And this lack is being worst.
                My biggest 'lack' is time... If I had time to do all my beta and mod stuff for Paradox, run my PTW DG team, plus the seemingly infinite amount of homework AND either one of these other demo games, I'd definitely be seen around. At this point, it's just too much work to get caught up with everything that's going on and make myself useful around here. Besides, there's not much point in being here with the game already won...

Comment

That's the main reason IMO. The game is already won. I use to abandon my games in the beginning of the modern era, as soon I build the UN and check my uranium reserves (if I don't have uranium, it's another story... war! ).
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
                    Partially a reason I'm tried thread-jacking the new PTW Intersite Demo game : 1) To not give any potential info away to foreign opponents, and 2) To kill of this Intersite discussion happening in the Civ3Demo threads, until it gets their own threads.
                    hi ,

you should be proud of yourself , ......

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Allow me to speak for those for whom the game stil represents a massive learning experience - I learned all I need to know about Civ3 from the Demo game. There will be many who follow this game and learn how the much-vaunted superior strategies of the best strategists work, by seeing them almost as they happen in our game. I have managed to finally win and graduate myself a level since learning the tricks and tact from the Demo game. The game is already over? Bollocks it is.

As for me personally, I am not involved as much as I was because I have little access to Civ3 (and then only conditional). However I return in just over a week, and I look forward to getting high-speed Internet to be here almost as much as ever.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Sounds awesome MWIA! It'll be nice to have you back in action.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                          Allow me to speak for those for whom the game stil represents a massive learning experience - I learned all I need to know about Civ3 from the Demo game. There will be many who follow this game and learn how the much-vaunted superior strategies of the best strategists work, by seeing them almost as they happen in our game. I have managed to finally win and graduate myself a level since learning the tricks and tact from the Demo game. The game is already over? Bollocks it is.

As for me personally, I am not involved as much as I was because I have little access to Civ3 (and then only conditional). However I return in just over a week, and I look forward to getting high-speed Internet to be here almost as much as ever.
                          hi ,

you are not the only one , .....

many people got a taste of apolyton , but the main reason is they wanted to learn , .....

its sometimes intresting to hear in a chatroom or forum about apolyton and the civ three democrazy game , ...

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Oh, yes, the Thinker's Guild is all good.

However, we are in a war, so remember that some variant of the Department of Propoganda idea is watching you.

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
                            X