X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any questions regaurding the court?

Please ask them here.

Thank you.
    Last edited by notyoueither; July 31, 2002, 00:01.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

who is your chief justice?

Comment

Rotates based on avaiability for trials. This also makes it easier to tackle multiple trials at once. Any message sent to any justice will be relayed to the rest.

Comment

The Senior Justice rotates on a case by case basis running alphabetically through the user names of the various justices.

Thus Captain has been assigned the first case. Epistax will get the next, then jdjdjd, and so on.

Each justice will be responsible in turn for making sure that each case is fully looked into and receives a fair hearing if necessary.
        Last edited by notyoueither; July 31, 2002, 00:07.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

ooh yeah, when do we get to try our first impeachment procedures?
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

ok, that makes sense. and its 'senior' not chief, then

Comment

Impeachment? Are you in a hurry? File a complaint against your self.

Yes. We have adopted the term Senior for the moment. Of course, practices may change with time.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Is there a chance the track could bend?

What about us brain dead slobs?

The ring came of my pudding can.

Were you sent here by the devil?
                Last edited by Epistax; July 31, 2002, 00:27.

Comment

Senior is the label from the constitution. We may call the acting Senior, "Chief", but only as a friendly nickname.

Oh and to our President, you may try impeachment at any time, however, the court has no jurisdictions in such matter at this time. That discussion has stalled, maybe I'll revise it, but I'm afraid that it may be used against me at some time.

finally to Epistax:

yes, tracks bend all the time.
                  yes, brain dead slobs also bend at times
                  is that a question?
                  close, I was sent by Timeline
                  Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                  "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Question:

If there is a case in which members of the court may have a conflict of interest, such as an official poll, for elections, where a case is brought forth, will the judges in question remove themselves from the case and let the unbiased judges decide?
                    Furthermore, is it decided by the judges in question, or the whole court?
                    2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
                    Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

Very good question Donal Graeme.

We currently do not have a code of conduct for the judges. Once we get the basic functions nailed down, one of those might be a very good idea.

However, I have faith in all of the people on the court at this time. I am sure that anyone of us would inform the others of any conflicts and behave appropriately (recuse himself).

It would be a personal decision.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Ok, thanks, and sorry of the poor wording of that question. Sleep Deprivation has its drawbacks.
                        2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
                        Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

Reports are drawn up for each case, and judges on both sides of the ruling must explain why they voted the way that they did. This should hopefully dull conflict of interest. Of course we do hope that judges that have a large opinion on the case already either don't partake, or pay attention only to what is presented.

Comment

Originally posted by Donal Graeme
                            Question:

If there is a case in which members of the court may have a conflict of interest, such as an official poll, for elections, where a case is brought forth, will the judges in question remove themselves from the case and let the unbiased judges decide?
                            Furthermore, is it decided by the judges in question, or the whole court?
                            Just point out, a case only needs three justices to be heard (that would be a quorum). That is in case some one is away, or possibly in case they feel they have a conflict and remand themselved from the case.
                            Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                            "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Is there a chance the track could bend?
                              Not on your life, my Hindu friend.

What about us brain dead slobs?
                              You'll all be given cushy jobs.

The ring came of my pudding can.
                              Use my pen-knife, my good man.

Were you sent here by the devil?
                              No good sir, I'm on the level.

...sorry, I couldn't resist responding to that.

Comment

Working...
                              X