No announcement yet.

Official: The Annales of Apolytonia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, it's too late now, this thread has been tainted with extraneous comments, so i don't feel bad posting here. but i think we should have a dedicated topped thread with just the history so we can read it all at once, without having to hunt for it through all these extra posts about how great the stories are.

btw, the story so far is great!
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

Excellent work HIstory Guy !

When I sent you our raw turnlogs, There were holes in them. I don't know if this adrees willhelp, but I hope so : http://65.35.54.206:3000/Trip/Turn%20Log.html

And now, the previous cabinet, IIRC :

President : Trip
      Vice President : Space05us then Timeline
      Minister of Foreign Affairs : Ninot
      SMC : UberKrux
      Minister of science : Tassadar5000
      Minister of public works : Eli
      City Planner : Punkbass2000
      Minister of Finance : civman2000 (don't capitalize the C)
      Minister of Trade : Spiffor
      Minister of Imperial Expansion : Timeline, then Jonny
      Historian : HazieDaVampire

I think that's all.
      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

That link got us a few more turns in:

End of turn 10, 3500 BC
        Move settler NE, a mountain came into view

Turn 11, 3450 BC
        Warrior 1 moves W
        New warrior 2 in Apolyton fortifies there
        Settler moves NE
        Worker 1 builds road

Turn 12, 3400 BC
        Warrior 1 moves NW, finds Goody Hut
        Settler builds city 'Thebes'

Turn 13, 3350 BC
        Warrior 1 moves NW, 1 tile away from goody hut
        Worker 1 moves W and N towards the city of Thebes

Turn 14, 3300 BC
        Apolyton builds Worker 2, which moves north towards Thebes
        Warrior 2 in Apolyton goto command to Thebes
        Warrior 1 moves W and uncovers Goody Hut: Deserted
        Warrior 1 finds open plains and a French Warrior

So, i guess we are one step closer to the mystery. The settler still could have been discovered in 3500 earlier in the turn. (it was a 700 year gap, now it's 500...)

I've correlated the dates that civman and Space05s left office by comparing actual dates on the threads to the dates of reports. Still looking for when Timeline became VP, Jonny appointed MIE, and the Minister of Economy came into being (gotta find a report of the same date or close). Also have found dates for all parties creation, inculding a few forgotten parties. May have missed a few of the small ones that disbanded though. (sorry forgot all the particulars, PM'd all info to History Guy)

We will probably need a thread for just the history like captain said, but this research is desperately needed as well. More involved people=less work.
        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Apolytonian Language

Ok, History Guy (or who ever might know), When and where did we develope the Alphabet and writting? Or did we get it from another Civ? Only wondering because the language a civ speaks tells alot about the Civ. Take Quebec (spelling?) for instance. Its a French speaking province in an English speaking country. The result: several attemps to susceed from the country. I know that there are several other reason for these attemps, but it is just an example of the power of language.
          Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
          1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Our Alphabet is English, forgot about our writing.
            The only techs we have researched on our own is Ceremonial Burial, Masonry and Bronze working.
            It means our early religious traditions come from us, and have been spread in Abanaba major (the French techwhored it)
            It means we have a very unique architecture one can find only in Iroquois empire, maybe elsewhere in Abanaba minor.
            It means however, that our philospohy, mathematics, polytheism etc. are not ours. Same will go with construction and currency.

As alnguage is not a tech, I assume every Civ starts with its own language, passed down by many generations.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Originally posted by Captain
              well, it's too late now, this thread has been tainted with extraneous comments, so i don't feel bad posting here. but i think we should have a dedicated topped thread with just the history so we can read it all at once, without having to hunt for it through all these extra posts about how great the stories are.

btw, the story so far is great!
              I agree with this. I have taken to using this thread to write my stories, as the glorious King Ming might do, when searching for a nasty troll.
              Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
              "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Originally posted by jdjdjd

I agree with this. I have taken to using this thread to write my stories, as the glorious King Ming might do, when searching for a nasty troll.
                That was a horrible analogy. Sorry.
                Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

I know. I've got to get the second bit done. I hope I'll be able to run next month...I've got so little time these days!
                  Empire growing,
                  Pleasures flowing,
                  Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Why You don´t eliminate all of the other stuff and let only the history ones?
                    Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                    religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Thats good stuff. I like what you done here. Keep up the good work.
                      Campaigning for the PW Minister Vote for me ;-)
                      "Save me Jeebuz" Homer Simpson

Comment

By the way, I've resigned from the post. There is no other reason to it than that I really don't have the time. I am sorry to have to report this. If I had more time, I'd be glad to do this, but unfortunately, this cannot be the case, for now at any rate.

I put forward Unorthodox as my candidate for successor.

I myself shall be satisfied as a mere senator/patrician, living a quiet life. Perhaps I shall become a general, or a member of the government with little importance. As long as I have the time for that, it's OK.
                        Empire growing,
                        Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Sorry to see you go, you wrote quite well. Come back soon.
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by History Guy
                            By the way, I've resigned from the post. There is no other reason to it than that I really don't have the time. I am sorry to have to report this. If I had more time, I'd be glad to do this, but unfortunately, this cannot be the case, for now at any rate.

I put forward Unorthodox as my candidate for successor.

I myself shall be satisfied as a mere senator/patrician, living a quiet life. Perhaps I shall become a general, or a member of the government with little importance. As long as I have the time for that, it's OK.
                            hi ,

well , its a shame you go , ......we shall think about you ones in a while , ....

anyway , grab a case of banana on the way out , ....

Unorthodox shall do a good job , well he could learn from you , what do you expect , ...

have a nice live
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Thanks Panag. Unfortunately, Unorthodox can't take the job. The post is open for those who want it.

The case of bananas is great! I won't be leaving the game, just the post. I'll hang around in the shadows as a benevolent (well...most of the time) patrician and arm-chair (well...most of the time) tactician.
                              Empire growing,
                              Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Working...
                              X