"Wait I've got an idea."!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wait I've got an idea."!!!!!!!!!!!

After reading Ubers thread about the viability of cheap war chariots something dawned on me. We have alot of money and are soon to be connected to Iron. Also there appear to be 2 camps in the game those who want to develop what we have and those who want to attck the French.

However the fact that we are soon to be connected to iron puts us in the ideal position to build a S*** load of Warriors and then upgrade them all to swordsmen once we have the iron.

It's only 10 sheilds to build a warrior whereas swords/horsemen are 30 thereofer we could build 12 warriors in the time it takes us to build 4 swords/horsemen and as we have about 500 gp we could then upgrade them all once the iron comes.

By it's self Poly could build 10 warriors in 20 turns. But overall the time to build 12 warriors would be minimal and would allow us to develope our land and build culture.

IIRC Warriors to swords are about 40gp each and it would take us about 7 roads through jungle to connect the iron.

Easily a good balance between attack and developement.
    Are we having fun yet?

I'm almost ashamed I didn't think of that...
    And spending most of our gold on this should pay off if we can manage to take France. Actually, this plan sounds almost TOO easy...

Comment

Sounds like a good plan to me.

Comment

40 gold is a lot though.

just say the iron is connected in 20 turns, and Apolyton makes 10 warriors.

thats 400 gold we'd need.

sure we have it, but we'd have to see what we spend our money on.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I like it OPD. In the meantime I don't think we have any tech priorities, so we could build our gold up quite nicely for the event. Furthermore, once we have France, we could turn back to the US if we so desired (20 turns should be up by then).

That 400 gold could easily pay for itself, Uber. What else are we doing with the money?

This could well be the way around this little dispute about our next dispute.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

IMNSHO, this rocks. So what that it costs money! What is money there for, except to be spent? This is a great idea.

Comment

Last I checked we were gaining 13 gpt. Why? Because we buy tech. As long as we don't mind getting a little behind because of a dip in funds, we'll do great.

However if that's 20 turns to get connect, that's 260 gold more we'll have by then. That amount will go up and down because of city improvements and population increase.... eh more down than up, but still!

Remember we do have the option of buying polytheism, and although I can't remember the price, I think it was roughly all our gold, plus some gpt.

Do not forget that whatever gold france has, we will sue for if our attack is successful. We might try suing for GPT as well.

Comment

If we manage the empire correctly (i.e, make tthe citizen in Gaia work, rather than entertain herself), we achieve 17 gpt this turn. Once Gaia is connected to the core cities, we'll get at least 2 more gpt because of entertainment's slider reduction.
                We can also expect a slightly lower corruption in our new cities, once this is done.
                I support the plan, because it will give us swarms of swordsmen as soon as we connect iron, which will be less than 20 turns if we allocate our resources well. For example, we can buy an industrious worker from the Americans for 28 gold, right now.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

For some reason, it can never get into my head that I can upgrade units without a wonder in Civ III (too used to Civ II).

I say go with it. It would give us a big advantage. 10 swordsmen, backed with however many experienced archers we have? With that, we might have a shot at total conquest of the French (or at least, knocking them over the Rift)!

Plus, it saves us some shields. Swordsmen cost 30 shields, warriors only 10. We can have larger forces in a shorter amount of time (need money, and lots of it, though).

Is it too early for us to start suggesting names for the conquered French cities?
                  oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

We don't want to connect our Iron too soon. We need time to build all of the Warriors.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                      We don't want to connect our Iron too soon. We need time to build all of the Warriors.
                      We can still build Warriors after connecting to the Iron, and we're already working to connect our cities anyway.

I'm in full support of this. Maybe you should put it to a poll, to see what the people think?

Comment

No, once you can build Swordsmen, you can no longer build Warriors.

Comment

I believe we should heavily consider this. I really like the good points. The only concerns I have (as Minister of Science) is that we might not be able to buy techs as well. If all of France can be conquered, it would more than make up for the temporary drop in tech aquiring.
                          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

My only concern is that Swordsmen are a deaded. If we built horses, we would have a standing army through Military Tradition.
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Well, we'll probably lose many of them in a war with France what remains of America. The fact their a dead end won't matter much.
                              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Working...
                              X